Saturday, September 26, 2009

The Week of Alexis and Justin

The day after Rachel left (yes, the very next day), Alexis and Justin came to town. So for another week, we ate too much, played too much and had a lot of fun. One day Alexis, Clara and I met Angela for lunch at Humble Pie (yum) and then did a little shopping. It was fun to have some one-on-one time with her because that is pretty rare. I still can't believe how grown up she is, so I just keep pretending she's not. That weekend, Angela, Alexis, Lily and I got pedicures. Have I mentioned before that's one of the greatest things in the world? If I wasn't such a miser, I'd probably get one weekly.
{Who needs change to make a wish when you can just grab someone else's straight from the fountain?}

While Alexis and Justin were here, we also celebrated my mom's birthday. We pretended Sunday was her celebration but really had a surprise get together Monday night at Ryan and Kathryn's.
Ryan made a lovely chocolate cake.
I wish my brothers would let me take pictures of them so I didn't have to be sneaky about it.
As we were leaving, Elsa and Lucy got all suited up for a scorpion hunt. Their outfits made me laugh, but that's probably because I thought they were getting ready for bed.
It was fun having you here, Alexis and Justin (over a month ago) and Happy Birthday mom (over a month ago). Slowly but surely, I'm catching up.

6 comments:

Ryan said...

Look at all the stuff under our couch.

Lisa said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time. I love the picture of you with your Mom.

Deb said...

Seems like you're always coming and going. And when you aren't, someone's coming and going at your place. My life's not nearly as exciting.

Cook Zoo said...

Question #1: Where's Humble Pie? I've never heard of it.

Question #2: Is that the Barnes and Noble fountain?

Question #3: Does this mean your hiatus is over???? (Please say yes!) :)

Jen said...

Ha Ha, Love the scorpion hunting suits :)

Rachel+Co said...

catching up is my life's theme. i love that you posted all this stuff though. it makes me feel like i was there. i especially love the picture of mom blowing out her candle. cute.