OH MY GOSH I did the same thing a few months ago!!! Only I burned my very own cookbook (the one I compiled of my favorite recipes.) I felt like such a dork. It melted some lamination and the comb binding came all apart, looks a lot like yours. Thank goodness Jason caught it before it got out of hand!
Lol! I've turned on the wrong burner a few times. Luckily nothing was sitting on the burner I turned on, but that's only a matter of time... Glad your house didn't burn down. :)
sad, i have that cookbook and i love it! Unfortunately i do that often (turn on the wrong burner). Fortunately I have a flat cook top that turns red before it gets really hot. It's great for us forgetful ones...you should invest. :)
Just so you know...LOVE that old 30th ward cookbook...I use it all the time! Mine looks like it has been through the war as well, (just not caught on fire quite yet ha).
16 comments:
How did it taste?
OH MY GOSH I did the same thing a few months ago!!! Only I burned my very own cookbook (the one I compiled of my favorite recipes.) I felt like such a dork. It melted some lamination and the comb binding came all apart, looks a lot like yours. Thank goodness Jason caught it before it got out of hand!
NOW you need a treat! One word: Ben & Jerry's Half Baked FroYo.
Hee Hee
Glad the house didn't go up in flames
Oh No! At least that's all it did.
Note to self never again put cookbook on stove top.
I am glad you caught it before it got out of hand!
Lol! I've turned on the wrong burner a few times. Luckily nothing was sitting on the burner I turned on, but that's only a matter of time...
Glad your house didn't burn down. :)
oh no!!! That's aweful Anna! Now you DEFINITELY deserve that treat!
Yummy! haha! Sounds like something i would do. I'm glad your house didn't burn down.
Aw, why didn't you just call me. I would have brought you a treat. That's friends are for : )
I have the hugest fear of doing that so I never let anything on the stove unless it's on the burner cooking.
So glad nothing too terrible happened.
Sometimes I do that when I run out of counter space, and my husband warns me. :) Treats sound really good. Do it.
ewww ... be happy it wasn't your hand or your finger or somebody's hand or finger! ... I won't even tell you how I know of such a thing ... :)
sad, i have that cookbook and i love it! Unfortunately i do that often (turn on the wrong burner). Fortunately I have a flat cook top that turns red before it gets really hot. It's great for us forgetful ones...you should invest. :)
Oh man, that stinks. What was the dessert going to be? Inquiring minds need to know.
Just so you know...LOVE that old 30th ward cookbook...I use it all the time! Mine looks like it has been through the war as well, (just not caught on fire quite yet ha).
Post a Comment