Before I get to the real point of this post, I must share one of the thoughts I had yesterday. We all know people that are different. You know, those people you don't consider socially "normal". However, as I sat and pondered on the character and personality traits of a certain individual I know I realized how many ways I could be a better person if only I were more like them. They are always smiling, they are so well-versed in the Gospel, they are incredibly humble and they are always willing to serve. Funny how those people that are a little weird are often such good examples. Which makes me wonder who's normalcy spectrum I'm using when I assess people, including myself...
So onto the cookies. I have so many thoughts going through my mind and lots on my plate (Clara, work, blogging, my houses {yes, both}, life, church, cute neighbor kids, commitments, our taxes, the list never ends) but here's the deal. My life needs a little order, my house needs a lot of order and I have given myself until the end of this month to get things in order. I've decided other than eating, sleeping and showering the only other thing at the bottom of my priority list is blogging. Since being organized and being starving, tired and stinky would cause me a whole new set of problems, including health issues, I have made a personal commitment not to blog until my house is in order. Blogging itself isn't necessarily a huge time waster and the journaling aspect of it makes it worth it. But my problem is I use it to avoid getting other things done, which results in me wasting a lot more time than I would if things were in better order around here. I can't just do it for 15 minutes if I have work/housework to do because I dread whatever it is I'm avoiding. I know this makes me a liar because I made promises of posts to come. They will come, just not soon. So, wish me luck, miss me and hopefully I'll get things done before the end of the month.
Monday, August 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

20 comments:
Wasting time blogging???? I have no idea what you're talking about. I don't have laundry waiting to be done. I don't have a daughter wanting me to play with her. I don't have bills to pay or dinner to fix. I only have all the time in the world. . . to blog.
(Okay, I'll really miss you. Please don't be gone long. . . !!!!!!)
Am I weird? No, don't answer that.
Anyway - what can I do to help you this month so that you can get back to blogging quicker? You don't have to answer that either; I'll think up stuff on my own and then force you to let me help you. That's what friends are for. :)
I'm impressed! That's some self-discipline you've got there.
You can totally do it-Look at me, I am such a hypocrite! I totally come up with new things to do so I don't have to do the stuff that really needs to be done.
Apparently I need help too
I have total faith that you can do it.
We'll be waiting faithfully for your return.
Get things done Anna because I can't wait too long to hear what you have to say next : ) Seriously, you inspire me !
I prefer the dirty house myself...
Good for you Anna. I'm proud. Now go get that house in order.
It will feel better to get back to blogging when you don't as much chaos in the background.
You will never regret making your decision, Anna. I'll bet you'll find that once you are "in order" you will probably have more time to blog. Best of luck to you and hopefully we will see you/hear from you soon! Now hurry up because I don't want to wait too long! :)
Good luck! The internet is one of my favorite ways to waste time!
Wow - I'm so happy for you, I could squeal. But I won't. You'll love the new order & relative peace. (And I'm hailing from a perfectly clean office in an immaculate home because I'm one of the weird, spiritually perfect, humble, serving people that you admire) Good luck!
Are you talking about me? I've often wondered the same thing about myself. ;)
I hear ya. Every time I blog or read others blogs I think about the pre-blogging days when I would spend all that time getting things done... now that I entered the blogging world, things seem to sit and wait for a looong time to get done.
Hurry up and get organized! I enjoy reading your blogs!
Aren't priorities awesome, like they have a mind of their own. Pushy things sometimes...:)
See you in September!
Oh man, it doesn't matter that I'm not humble, not well-versed in the Gospel, and not always willing to serve - I'm still going to worry I'm the weird one. Thanks. ;)
I can understand declaring a break from the blog - that can be so freeing - but I'm also hoping it doesn't take too long to get your house in order. I love your blog!
Good luck getting your house in order. I will miss you while your gone.
well, sis. i hope you get your house in order soon, because your blog is the best way for me to keep tabs on you.
i could always call, but that would require way too much effort. i love having my kids back in school because my house is much more orderly.
and thanks for calling me humble, spiritual and willing to serve. but i don't really think of myself as socially awkward...
i'm still sad about this. but i understand!
I totally know how you feel. That was my problem when I took a two month break from bloggin. I needed time to reprioritize and get on top of things. Good luck. Hope it doesn't take too long:)
...and we only have 1 kid! (i feel the same way as you do)
love your perspective. enjoy that time...it'll be worth it!
Post a Comment