I've been meaning to do fun alphabet related things with Clara, but I always say, oh, next week when I'm more prepared. In honor of Mesa Public School's first day of classes on the 12
th (and the day this post began), we started our alphabet fun. I'm going to follow the alphabet craft from
No Time For Flash Cards. I really like the letters and I like that she suggests books for each theme as well.
We began with A, believe it or not. A is for alligator. Just ask Clara.
Clara, what letter is this?
Um, alligator.
No, that's an animal. What letter is it?
Um, green.
No, that's the color. What letter is it?
Um, Z.
I think it was a success. Don't you?

PS So many posts in the works... Rachel's visit, Alexis and Justin's visit and plenty of random things here and there. But so little time (I'm trying to keep my priorities in check and see where that's gotten me? A lazy, slacking blogger).
11 comments:
That cracks me up! Kids say the cutest things. No, Mike isn't a teacher, he is actually working as kind of a vice principal, he does the discipline at his dad's charter school here in Mesa. He's really just learning the charter school ropes from his dad in hopes that we can run one one day.
P.S. - the word verification that I had to type in for this post was "reming." How random is that?
Do Mesa Public schools make their students go to school naked too?? Just teasing! She's so funny! She looks so excited to start school! She's such a cute kid.
But it's a REALLY cute alligator! That counts?!?!
Maybe she doesn't know her letters, but that picture is darling. Her smile could just light up a room (whatever that means). She's a doll!
That Clara is so cute and I love her smile!
That is too cute! I love the alligator A. What a great idea! I'm trying to teach Melanie colors, and right now, everything is yellow.... it doesn't matter what color the thing is that you are pointing to.
I remember those days with Cooper. I always got a kick out of what he came up with instead of the the letter. This year i'm putting Coop in a preschool so he can fight over what letter it really is with someone else. Good luck with Clara. I also love that alligator.
Alligators are way cooler than letters. Who cares about letters when you've just made a really awesome looking alligator.
She is neat. And so is the Alligator A for Angela.
Pishaw! That Clara's a smart girl. It's an alligator AND it's green! :)
You get extra bonus mommy points for trying. That's the coolest flashcard I've ever seen! :)
Some things:
1. That wasn't cool how I didn't even know you weren't going to show up tonight.
2. Didn't Clara make me a card? Doesn't she need to give it to me?
3. I'm still waiting for those new blog posts. HURRY.
Post a Comment