Things like being patient, having faith, trusting in a greater plan, getting over my bad attitude, what a need really is, that money is just money, more about investing in real estate than I ever wanted to know, importance of contract terms, how to keep the right perspective, ways to recognize blessings regardless how bad things seem and how to laugh no matter what.
Most of you don't know we accepted an offer on said magical house last week. This was just days before we were about to sign a contract on a lease. The only thing, well from the information I was given, that would've kept the offer from materializing was the appraisal. I told my family on Sunday I was pretty certain it would appraise where we needed it, but I wouldn't be surprised if something happened. Why? Well, because things don't exactly go as planned when it comes to this beauty.
So last night I got an e-mail from our almost-buyer saying their loan was denied. I was told their home had sold, but really, it hadn't closed just yet. They had an approval letter (not just pre-approval) from the bank and then at the last minute the underwriter denied the loan (even after the deadline) for the person trying to buy their home.
Hmph.
I told Jason and we laughed. Not just a frustrated why-is-this-happening laugh that was more to prevent me from bursting into tears. It was a funny laugh. Our new joke is, "We can afford that, our house sold. Oh wait, no it didn't." Trust me, there is so much humor in it all it's hard not to laugh.
I've come a long way.

12 comments:
AWWWW COME ON!
Seriously, last night I had a dream that it sold and we were so excited!
Is there any way that this buyer will still be able to pull it off? or is it totally off the table now?
Still praying for ya!
OHHHH!!! I feel for you guys, I am so sorry this happened. Are you still able to sign the lease with the other people??
WHAT!!!??? Oh, Anna.
The house has taught me some things too... like that my prayers aren't really answered :/ jk
I'm angry. And sorry.
Oh Anna, i'm so sorry.
Are you serious? I was thinking. . . oh, my gosh. . . this is it. They did it! Its not even my house and I'm on this silly roller coaster ride! Seriously though, I'm so sorry to hear about that. Crazy things are happening these days. What a lesson!
laughter can make everything better...ALMOST! I wish I could buy that beautiful house from you!
oh my gosh! i had no idea, i'm sure you didnt want to tell many till is was final though---i was so excited reading the beginning and now i'm so bummed ANNA-- sorry! Maybe they should try another bank---that one sounded LAME!!!!
How many times and offers on this house honestly fall through. I hope something great comes along to bless you in your tried life. :)
We'll keep praying for you!
So wait, did you guys live in Utah?
Seriously???!? Anna, I'm so sorry!
Well, you've learned more than me cuz I'm totally bummed. Wow.
(I'm with Roccy - I'm curious to see if something works out anyway.)
It is a beautiful house. If it were in California instead of Utah, I'd buy it from you.
It's good that you've got a sense of humour about it, though.
Post a Comment