Saturday, June 27, 2009

#5

Last weekend was the fifth weekend in a row that I was out of town. Going out of town is always so much work and now that I'm busier during the week, I rely on my weekend time to get things done. When that gets taken away and I am preparing for/recovering from the last/next adventure during the week, I get a little overwhelmed trying to manage my time. Thankfully, this was the last one. Until I plan another.

Albeit busy, it was still a great weekend. We drove to Snowflake Friday night after I got home from work and packed. Saturday morning we had breakfast with Jason's parent's for Father's Day. I watched Michelle's kids during Scott's wedding and then we went to the luncheon. Saturday night we went to Pinetop for the reception. When we got home, Michelle got stuck listening to all my problems after we almost got stuck chaperoning the Stake Youth dance. Sunday morning we had a nice {man} breakfast at Michelle's and then went to church with Jason's parent's. We drove straight from Snowflake to my parent's to have dinner with my family. It was kind of fun seeing all the pops in our lives on Father's Day.

One reason I love going to these receptions (aside from supporting my family, of course) is to see old friends. I was happy to see and briefly visit with Steve and Sharla and Steve and LaSchelle. My mind is always flooded with memories when I run into people from times past. Like Lake Powell with Steve and Sharla's family or doing multiple 360's on the rim in the snow with Steve and Laschelle (which is only funny 13 years later). Part of me wishes I could visit with them longer than 10 minutes at wedding receptions. And another part of my is just grateful I am lucky enough to know such good, fun people.


Turns out I am also grateful Shawna let me borrow a slip. Not because you could see through my dress, but because you surely could've seen under it every time the blasted wind blew it up. Which was pretty much the entire time we were outside, in case you've never been to Snowflake.
Clara being a "hallerfina".

Perhaps one of the highlights of the trip for me was visiting with Michelle Saturday night. I was reminded of why I love being around her and why we spent so much time together when I lived in Snowflake. I don't recall ever being mad at her. I've always felt like I could talk to her about and tell her anything. She is never critical and never judgmental of me. She listens intently and offers advice sensitively when needed. She just has one of those addicting personalities that people are naturally drawn towards. I love my Me-chelle.

9 comments:

DeWitts said...

I love Michelle too. She's such a fun person to be around. We had some good times during basketball season. Snowflake is a windy place sometimes but i love it!

angela hardison said...

Stop going places and having fun without me.

Mike and Kari said...

Wow! 5 weekends in a row? I'm jealous!

Kay Family said...

Ah your so sweet I love ya to and had fun catching up with you last weekend its been way to long!!! Yea we had fun back in the good ol days I kina miss that when we didn't have much to worry about!! Come back and see me soon!

sheri rog said...

that snowflake wind sure does suck doesn't it? (well...blows) i think i'd rather brave these 110+ days here than be in wind!

glad you're making the most of the summer!

Rachel+Co said...

Aw, that makes me miss Michelle. She is all those things.

And it makes me really glad I don't live where it's windy. It was rough to be there in high school—trying to make sure your hair looked good in the hurricane force winds. Tough times.

Cook Zoo said...

I've only been in Snowflake once so I didn't know that wind was more or less constant. It's so pretty there though.

Emily Widdison said...

l love catching up with old friends! I cannot believe you have had 5 weekends of going out of towners...fun but way way busy and crazy!

Jamie Wilkinson said...

You are putting me to shame. Every time you post it seems like you've gone on another fun trip.

And can I just say that Clara looks so much like you? She is a doll