Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Half Alive

Where oh where has Anna been? I'm still alive, but I'm certain my brain is only half alive, which isn't alive enough to give a full update on this past weekend.

How, you wonder, did my brain get to such a state?

Thursday night I slept from 3:45 - 5:30 am (in case you don't like math, that's an hour and forty-five minutes). Then we drove 10 hours to Utah and had a rather splendid vacation. Monday we drove 10 hours (okay, it might have been 13 hours if you consider the tangents we took) back home.

Monday night I had to get some work done. Tuesday I had a meeting for work that took about an hour longer than I planned and essentially ate up my entire day. I got a call Tuesday asking if I could go in and help a client meet a deadline today. After being up late Tuesday night with work, I finished off the brain-frying when I arrived home tonight after being gone for 14 hours.

Oh, and it's mold people, MOLD! I wasn't going to say, but I would be mad if someone did that to me. I'm still disgusted. Now just exactly where it is and how it came about, maybe another day. For now, only those good friends that I trust won't turn me into CPS and won't think I live in filth will know the rest of the story.

More to come on our trip to Utah. Here's the view from our back porch. I might be able to get used to that.

13 comments:

Bekah: said...

glad to hear you are alive.

finally. thanks for uncovering the mystery. oh the intrigue that i've been suffering from...

JLynn said...

I'll be calling you this weekend to get the full scoop on the mold story. I know you'll tell me and I want to talk to you anyways. :)

I hope you're able to get some rest this week. Hope your visit with your family in Utah was splendid. :)

My World said...

I didn't know you were growing your own penicillin! That's a great way to earn extra money!

Cook Zoo said...

Wow, gorgeous view! And if mold is all it takes to get turned into CPS, I should probably switch my blog to private! ;)

Cook Zoo said...

Oh man, have you seen Julie's blog yet? At least Clara's not in a gang like SOME people's kids! LOL!

I AM JOE PESCI said...

That picture makes me want to cry Anna. It's beautiful.

DeWitts said...

Love the view! Can't wait to hear more about your trip.

Christi said...

Being sleep-deprived makes everything harder! I'm a little jealous that you got to go to Utah. I can't wait to hear all about it!

Julie said...

I feel like you are leading a mysterious life. Why did you go to Utah? What's up with the mold? Where has Anna been? I look forward to other posts!

Julie said...

What's up Donna!?!?!? I just read that comment! I feel so judged!!! :) Join the bad parents club!

Camille said...

That is a lot of mold. And it's BY food, but I can't tell what it's on. It really would be a good post. C'mon, anna, keep it real! I would...

Autumn said...

Yummy.

And Anna, if I could eat anything I wanted and still have a body as thin as you, I wouldn't feel lazy,...I'd feel blessed!!
Why excercise when excercise isn't needed? I mean really...

angela hardison said...

I think you need to remove that last sentence of this post, because that's not funny.

If I'm not allowed to move away to Portland, you're not allowed to leave either.

I would die without Clara (and you, of course.... who would do my taxes and feed me dinner all the time??!?)