Thursday, January 29, 2009

All Is Well

For the last several days, I've been in coasting mode. Life has been so smooth.

Friday night some friends took us to Ruth's Chris as a thank you for helping them with their taxes. I've never been there. Mmmm, did I say I wanted to be a vegetarian? I lied. The fillet I had Friday night was delicious. The broccoli, fries, creme brule and cheese cake were good too. But the fillet. Oh, the fillet in sizzling butter. After dinner, we went and watched Mall Cop. Pretty cheesy, but actually pretty funny too. And then, since we didn't have our kids and didn't have to pick them up, we went and played a game after the movie. It was lots and lots of fun. And I only took two pictures all night long. Awesome food, hilarious company and a night with Jason. It really was a great (and late!) night. Funniest comment of the night: probably after we all had A shrimp for an appetizer, the waiter asked Friend if he wanted a salad, he looked at the vacant shrimp plate and said, "Nope, I'm pretty stuffed".
Since we were going to be out late, my mom just let Clara spend the night so we could go to the temple early Saturday morning and pick her up on our way home. Jason had to work, but I still went. I went to get Clara and my mom ended up keeping her so I could go get ready for the Pinewood Derby. Then my mom met me at the Pinewood Derby with Clara, the activity she came up with in a few minutes (which, by the way, was a total hit) and treats for the kids for said activity. A potentially chaotic day went perfectly smooth thanks to my mom and Lily.

Monday night after work, Jason went to be Mr. Manual Labor again and I was dreading being alone all day and all night, again. But I didn't dread long, soon I was invited to enjoy dinner with a friend and her family. I felt a bit like a charity case, but I appreciated it despite.

The last several days have had me thinking how grateful I am for good friends, little side jobs, my mom, MY MOM, the temple and so much more. All is well, all is well.

PS Still not ready to talk about it...

8 comments:

Kami Milliron said...

I loved reading this post. I can relate to life just moving smoothly. Oh how I love those days : ) And there really is nothing better than Family, good Friends and delicious food ! And yes, Grandma's are the BEST !

You better be prepared if you come to the park today because I will keep asking you about the freaky thing until you tell me what it is !

DeWitts said...

I'm glad all is well. Its really a blessing to have good friends and family. your mom is truely a blessing i've always looked up to her. so would you recomend mall cop?

mommy said...

Aren't moms the best? Unfortunately they are setting a standard that in 20 years we'll have to live up to...

Jamie Wilkinson said...

Since you asked so nicely...and since I heard the (semi) final word from my agent this morning... I'm getting a series published with Harper Collins!!! I sign the paper work next week!!! That, and we're buying a new house (our current house is not even 900 square feet)
And you, dear friend, will be able to say you knew me when...haha. But I'm soooo excited!

Cook Zoo said...

Oh, and I forgot to say what a great job you guys did with the Pinewood Derby! It was awesome. :)

Cook Zoo said...

Wait, where'd my other comment go??? That is too weird. Anyway, my first comment on this post was how reading this made me feel all warm and fuzzy. And how your mom is so awesome! :)

Brenden+Nikki said...

I want to know what that picture is. When are you going to feel like talking about it? :)

sheri rog said...

great post, girl. i love the pic & the colorful display of your fun night with friends. (wish i had some friends)

and mold? you're disgusting!



Ü