Monday, January 12, 2009

Welcoming A Visitor & Other News

Ever so secretively, a teeny tiny phlegm factory move into my lungs. They could've at least warned me they were coming, but no, that would've been asking too much. No headache, no aches or pains, no sinus problems, no coughing, no nothing. Just phlegm, wheezing and pain in my chest when I cough. I hate wheezing. Every five minutes I get all freaked out, stop what I'm doing and listen carefully to the noise that I hear. Is it outside? Is it someone trying to break in? Is Clara crying? Oh no, nevermind, that's just me wheezing. Awesome.


In all fairness, they did choose a good time to pay me a visit. Saturday was my last day at the company I've been working onsite. It would've been much harder to do that while my lungs are occupied and I make more noise than a one-man-band. Working from home is easier to manage while sick and Clara won't mind as much if I lay around all day.



In other, happier, news, I finally figured out how to style my new hair cut without it looking awful. Those first few days were rough figuring things out without a flat iron. But rest assure, everything worked out.

Here's a brief glimpse into that glorious moment:

Jason (calling out from the bedroom as he woke up to the camera beeping for the 57th time at six in the morning): What are you taking pictures of?


Me (in my mind): Not me. I swear, not me. In reality, I ignored him hoping he'd just go back to sleep and not remember. Instead, he got out of bed and caught me in the act.

15 comments:

angela hardison said...

That conversation has occurred one too many times in our house.



Clint just loves the camera...



(haha, I'm so funny.)

Kami Milliron said...

I love my flat iron and can't do my hair without it. It was hard for me to figure it out at first too. But it helps a ton when I don't have time to wash my hair. It always makes it look shiny.

Sorry you're sick - well sort of. I guess I should say sorry you're wheezing. No fun.

Tyler has caught me taking embarrassing pictures so many times before. He never lets me live it down. But your picture looks great - you have got to be one of the most gorgeous people ever !

Amy from Our Dish said...

Very cute, my dear.

Need some Mucinex?

DeWitts said...

Your hair looks great and i hope you feel better soon.

Cook Zoo said...

Your hair looks awesome!!

I had no idea a flat iron took so much practice. Maybe I gave up too quickly before. Why don't these things come with instructions that are useful, like "ask your girlfriends how to do this" instead of "don't drop this in the tub."

JLynn said...

You look really cute! I love your short hair. Sorry about the visitor in your lungs. Wheezing is REALLY awful. Hope it leaves soon.

I AM JOE PESCI said...

Love it! I so wish flat irons were invented while I was in high school - I would have been cool then.

You look great - you always do.

Sorry 'bout the phlegm factory. Better phlegm than some weird worm in your stomach or a beetle in your ear.

Julie said...

Cute do! I wish I could hire someone to do my hair every morning. It gets so frustrating when you can't do it "like they do."

Rachel+Co said...

I think a flat iron is best used in conjunction with a lot of mirrors.

About your phlegm, you may want to consider the possibility of walking pneumonia. Hope you get well soon.

Lisa said...

I was wondering what that noise was I was hearing.... ;-)

I love your hair, very cute. I haven't even branched out to buy a flat iron, let alone use one! I will have to call you for tips when I finally get one.

Ashley Harris said...

I can't believe you look that good at 6 in the morning!

Whenever I take 'self portraits' I swear I take like 25 and only kind of like one.

I'm sorry you're feeling a bit under the weather, hope it passes soon!

Kate said...

I love your hair. Just wait till July too. Then you'll REALLY be loving it!

I'm sorry to hear you are sick again! This winter is awful. Hope you don't have pnuemonia. In the mean time if the phlegm gets too thick and bothersome try Guaifenesin (Mucinex is one brand) to thin it out and make it easier to clear the airways. Hope you get well soon!

Brenden+Nikki said...

ha ha Anna first of all I should have totally given you credit on my blog because you're right....I think you are my most faithful reader. Anytime I post and I'm not sure if anyone will read it, I always think "Anna will."

Second, I know the peppers do look totally disgusting, but I can't help it. They're so good!!

Thanks for being excited for us :) You guys are the best!

Lindsay said...

The hair looks GREAT!!! I laughed out loud and the "camera beeping for the 57th time" line! Hilarious!! I love my flat iron!

BTW, did we win a prize for the candybar game at Lisa's baby shower? I'm dying to know what that one was...

Jamie Wilkinson said...

Your hair looks great! I used to not be able to leave the house without using a flat iron. Now I'm lucky if I get to use my blow dryer. haha. How life changes when you have kids.