Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Short as mine...

It's been over three months since my last hair cut. Upon seeing the end product of the previous hair chopping, Jason's only comment was: Next time, tell her not to cut it as short as mine. Okay, can do. Clearly, Jason isn't fond of the new "Short Hair" chapter in my life. I like it, it's a fun change in my sometimes boring, unchanging life. But me being the obedient wife I am, I passed the message on to my lovely hair stylist last night and told her to do whatever made her happy with that restriction. So here we go, much shorter than last time but still not as short as Jason's. See, I grant him his wishes. I'm nice like that. I think his comment when I walked in the door last night was, Did you get it butched again? Obviously this means only one thing: He was very, very happy with my new haircut. Good thing we've been married almost five years so I can read him like a book. Otherwise I might have thought he was unhappy with the new look.
PS Every time I get my hair cut, the girl asks me if she can cut bangs. I'm not that exciting. Last night she didn't ask, but she cut the layer closest to my face awfully short. I'm pretty sure she's slowly but surely breaking me in...
PPS Hair doesn't look like this picture today. Maybe someday I'll learn how to use a flat iron so I can do a better job of styling my hair like it gets styled after it gets cut.

12 comments:

Lisa said...

I am loving your "short hair chapter" of life! I think it is darling, I can't wait to see a picture from the front. :-)

Autumn said...

I'm getting my hair chopped on Friday. I am just so done with doing my hair. I go 4 and 5 days without washing it just to simply avoid having to blow-dry it. I can tell your hair cut is way cute. Where's the frontal shot? How am I supposed to know if I want to copy you? :)

Julie said...

I want a picture from the front too. I don't particularly trust a man's hair opinion. In that subject they count as 1/2 a voice. . .

I AM JOE PESCI said...

Lovin' it! Ooh, come over sometime and I'll use my straight iron on ya. Sizzle Sizzle.

Kate said...

Ooo! I like it! Your hair looks really good short. I'm glad you cut it "short" again. :)

DeWitts said...

Love the short hair. Jason sounds a lot like Josh when it comes to cutting hair.

Rachel+Co said...

what a great, wispy cut. i have tried bangs twice (in my adult life). i really like the way they look, but i couldn't handle them in my face/eyes, and i didn't like how much hairspray it would take to keep them out. i am in the "growing them back-in" phase.

actually, my hair looks pretty much identical to my 7th grade portrait. that is sad.

i can't wait to see you and your fab haircut in person.

mommy said...

Anna, you're awesome. Well, pretty much you're exactly like me. (Which is probably why you're awesome.) Tell Jason Aaron has the same reaction when I get mine cut - he's not alone.

Jamie Wilkinson said...

Great cut from the back. I agree, where is the front pic?! And I think there is probably a vast majority of men who don't like it when their wives get dramatic cuts.

Beka said...

i THOUGHt your hair was shorter today!! super cute!

Brenden+Nikki said...

I love it! :)Brenden is the same way. I think he would cry if I cut my hair.

Cook Zoo said...

I can't ever fix my hair as good as stylist either. I tried a flat iron once.

I have nothing more to say about that.

Ahem.

Love the new do!