Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Perfect... Really

My ritual of mentally preparing for work at night or during Clara's afternoon naps includes allowing myself a little time to read the blogs I subscribe to. I bribe myself. I have to, otherwise I wouldn't get anything done because I'm lazy like that. I have many, many other important things to blog about (I live a high profile, very important life, you know), but on one of the blogs I read, I saw this drawing from Misprinted Type and couldn't stop staring at it.I never even knew someone was on assignment to draw a picture portraying my life as of late. But apparently they were. And I love it. It's perfect.

Sometimes we feel like we're drowning and then instead of finding stable ground, it starts to rain. But through it all, we know everything will be just fine. Doesn't it make you want to shout for joy?

4 comments:

angela hardison said...

it's true, everything will always be just fine. maybe i was inspired to post that on seesaw's blog just for you?

i love you sister.

(if you want a little laugh, just go check out the photos i posted on my blog a second ago... i know you've already seen it, but when you look at it remember that atleast you're not a crazy person!)

Jamie Wilkinson said...

I feel for you. I just have to keep telling myself that everything will be fine and someday it won't be as hard as it is now. And it always does get better. There is a reason there are old sayings like "it's always darkest before the dawn." Because they're true.

Cook Zoo said...

Yes it does!! :)

Lindsay said...

Anna I couldn't agree with you more. There are some days that the saying "when it rains, it pours" are more than true in my life. Funny thing is I do worry but probably not as much as others would. I just sit back and think - who is really in control here? Then I realize that everything is going to be alright.

Okay that's the long way of agreeing with you! Ha, Ha!