Thursday, January 8, 2009

Our Week in Pictures

Tyler and Lisa's baby shower Tyler, Beka, Me, Trevor & Amy - Some of my favorite people from high school.

Clara fixing her "new" chair
I've been wanting a little table and chair for Clara, but decided to be responsible and pay the bills instead of get one. I came home from work last Friday and lo and behold, there's a table and two chairs sitting in my neighbor's yard with a FREE sign on it. It was like manna had just fallen from the sky. It needs some work, but it was free and it is made of sturdy materials so it has lots of potential. I have something fun in mind. Now to find the time, energy and tools I need.
Krispy Kreme Doughnuts (another freebie)
Clara's first Krispy Kreme and our dozen was free (how? we did this and it was totally worth it). It sure was great timing since I haven't purchased Krispy Kremes since they reopened and I've really been wanting some.

Scottsdale Train Park with Beka, Rachel and kids
Filling the CD player up with hair rubber bands.

7 comments:

Julie said...

Free table? Free Krispy Kremes? What else can you drum up?

Whenever are going to make a purchase Ryan always asks why we don't know anyone just giving it away for free. I tell him that he's not living in the real world. . . I guess I stand corrected.

Jamie Wilkinson said...

That table looks like it is in great shape. And the price was right. The table and chairs set we got Lily for Christmas was $25 at IKEA. Gotta love Ikea! But yours looks like its made of much sturdier stuff then ours. And I love the pic of Clara "fixing" it. What a doll.

JLynn said...

I'm saying you used "The Secret" and that's how you got your FREE table and lil chairs. It works! That's how I got my MAC.... my PC blew up b/c I wanted it so bad! ha ha! :) I love the Krispy Kreme pics! I wish I got a FREE box of doughnuts! I'm a pregnant lady for crying out loud! Oh, and this has been bothering me... I saw pictures on Bek's blog too where that shower was at, and the front room looks SO familiar. b/c I remember being there when Tyler had his homecoming from his mission! It's been bothering me that I can't remember who's house that is! Who's house is it??? :)

The Gotzingers said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cook Zoo said...

Sweet! I love free stuff! Especially free sweet stuff!! ;) I saw the post about the free donuts on your other site, but we already had some on hand thanks to report cards.

And sorry Gotzingers, this weirdo already has your email address. Muhwahaha!!! ;)

Deb said...

I love all of the pictures of Clara at the park. She's such a cutie.

Candice said...

Clara is getting so cute! Happy Anniversary you two! Ours is coming up in a few weeks, crazy that we both have been married for 5 years huh!