Thursday, January 22, 2009

Not-so-precious Moments

Remember this heartwarming experience? Well, last week, Clara and I were enjoying a similar moment. I was laying in bed, no energy to get up, and she was hugging me so I'd feel better. I was "play biting" her neck/chin when she laughed really hard. Upon so doing, something shot out of her nose onto my face. It was slimy, so I was pretty sure it was a booger (and what other slimy objects come out of noses?). I quickly picked it off my face, wiped the slobber off and left it in the wipe. It was disgusting. It seemed too large to be a booger, but she hadn't eaten anything that color all day. And again, what other items come rocketing out of noses? I didn't take the time to examine too closely for fear that my lunch might shoot out of my stomach.

Jason examined it when he got home and couldn't figure it out either.

Just before going to bed, I noticed "it" dried out and wasn't quite as repulsive. I took a better look and it became crystal clear as to what it was. It was a piece of napkin she must have shoved up her nose in the car earlier that day. She must've been mad that I took the rest of the napkin away. She had a stuffy nose, so when her breathing sounded stuffed, I didn't think twice. But why didn't I see it?? To think I didn't notice... To think it didn't bother her... As you can see, it's a rather large piece of napkin. And Clara's little nostrils are rather small.
Gross. But not as gross as it would've been if it were a raisin or a blueberry that had been in there for a few days!

12 comments:

I AM JOE PESCI said...

Chris's brother shoved a pussywillow up his nose when he was little. As far as anyone knows, it's still up there.

HOW ON EARTH was she able to shove that thing up her nose? IT'S HUGE!!

Marie said...

That is crazy she put that up there and even funnier she shot it out on you!

DeWitts said...

that is crazy. how long did she have that up her nose?

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

oh my goodness! That's too crazy.

Autumn said...

Felicity loved to tear off several tiny pieces of tissue, ball them up, and then shove them up her nose, until she could not possibly stuff any more up. One time On layed her on my lap got some tweezers and proceeded to tweeze each ball out. After I pulled all of them out and looked in her nose to make sure, I thought, I might just want to see if there is any more. So I stuck the tweezers up her nose and pinched the tweezers together, not knowing if I was grabbing anything, low and behold, I continued pulling about 6 or 7 MORE pieces out of her nose. Unbelievable!!
She to this day (4 years old) continues to tear things and ball them up...anything from paper to bread. Silly kids!

Lindsay said...

Anna I am sorry it grossed you out I probably would have freaked out myself, however, being on this end and reading this - it has to be one of the funniest stories I have read in awhile!

I hope Clara is feeling better and breathing easier now.

Jamie Wilkinson said...

What glorious things I have to look forward to...I really hope Lily doesn't shove things up her nose, but I have a feeling it's inevitable.

Oh, and Lily doesn't know how to pump her legs on the swing. What she has figured out is if she sways her torso forward and back she can swing herself. I suppose her legs go back and forth at the same time, but she isn't consciously doing it. I think she figured it out because she likes me to swing alongside her instead of push her. When I try to push, she points to the swing next to her and says "too", which means, "you swing too Mommy"

Emily Widdison said...

gross. Isaac did the same thing with a fuzzy ball from our old couch...I screamed outloud when I helped him blow his nose because I had NO idea what had just come out of his nose...I was thinking, is that a part of something that is supposed to stay in there? Sick. What is up with kids putting stuff up their nose??

Camille said...

THAT is too funny. My favourite part is that we're assuming she was hoarding it for later, so you wouldn't take it away.

How industrious!

Kami Milliron said...

When my Mom was younger, she had a Friend who stuck a bean up their nose. It got stuck and she was scared so she didn't say anything about it for days. Finally, her Mom noticed a weird smell and she told her that she had stuck a bean up her nose. The Mom took her to the Doctor and they got the bean out. So a napkin isn't as gross and other things could be ; )

Cook Zoo said...

ROFL!!!! The comments were hilarious too!

My World said...

Apparently her little nostrils have some pretty decent storage space. DO you think you could put some of your year supply up there???