It's late, I've finished my work (well, the chunk I told myself must get finished before retiring to bed), I'm tired, exhausted and still getting over my awesome cough but I don't wanna go to bed. I'm afraid when I go to bed, I'll have another horrifying dream like I did last night...
In the middle of the semester, I realized I didn't know my schedule. I had a total brain relapse and couldn't recall what classes I should be in at what times. In fact, I didn't even know what classes I was in. Going to ask my counselor was completely humiliating. Then I started wondering and worrying... what have I missed in these classes, can I still pass (with a good grade?), am I going to have the classes I need to graduate, etc., etc. I haven't stopped thinking about it all day. I'll catch myself feeling like I forgot something really important (like my schedule). That was worse than the dreams I had when I was pregnant about Jason leaving me. (Probably because a brain relapse is closer to reality than Jason leaving me (who would leave me?)).
People, I graduated from college over four years ago and I'm still having these dreams. Obviously I've got some paranoia issues to work out.
Other issues I've got to work on... not laughing when I smack Clara's bum, get down to remind her that she needs to mind me only to have her turn around and smack me in the face. Try harder not to laugh when she looks at me like, "Well, you hit me, I'll hit you back" after she hit me. Or when I was showing Jason what happened and accidentally hit him in the face.
PS Just ran spell checker and the two words I misspelled: graduate and graduated. That's awesome.
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

14 comments:
thats pretty funny....your dream and being smacked. lesson learned?
Anna, can you believe I still have random dreams just like that about college? Even funnier, I graduated almost 15 years ago!
I still have dreams where I'm teaching and have NOTHING prepared, or I'm in my PJ's (or worse) in front of the class!
I can just see you smacking your husband trying to tell the story - SO FUNNY! Well, not for him.
I waited tables in college and I would always have dreams about mad customers, and not getting orders right, and people waiting too long, and serving drinks, etc, etc. It totally ruined a good night's sleep. Someday I'd like to have someone analyze what all this means in my life. . . or maybe I wouldn't. . .
i just love dreams like that and the smacking thing is pretty funny!
I rarely remember my dreams, but when I do it is only when they are really creepy or off-the-wall. And I just about died laughing about Clara. I always try to be "stern" with Lily when she does something she isn't supposed to do, but I always end up laughing at her and completely undercutting my authority
Anna, I still have those dreams. Some are about college and some are about teaching and that it's the middle of the year and I haven't taught a thing.
Oh my gosh, you are too funny. I love reading your blog!
I totally still have that dream and I never graduated college. :) I have that dream about once a week.
love that you mispelled graduate. loving even more that you wrote about it! you are funny miss anna, funny indeed.
i think those types of dreams will continue. i know mine have. usually though, the class i have to take requires that i re-attend snowflake high school (which is as terrifying as it gets). weird.
the laughing thing is the whole reason lucas is so undisciplined. i'm glad he has a sense of humor, but i worry about him
you are just too dang funny.
and i too, can't help laughing while trying to discipline livie. •if she ends up wild it's totally not my fault!•
Dreams are so weird! I don't remember my dreams that much but when I do they usually either make me cry when I wake up (like Trent dying or something like that) -or- I realise when I try to tell someone about it the next morning that it made absolutly NO sense!!
I totally have those dreams! I have had one about school too. Like I realize that it's the end of the semester and I haven't gone to history the ENTIRE time. And it's always a history class. It is a freaky feeling. Or I have had dreams where I am in a musical or a play and I am waiting off stage and they say "Ok, You're up!" and I realize I haven't even looked at the script. Those are so terrifying that I actually wake myself up every time. You'd think someone was chasing after me with a knife or something. It has made me have stage fright and I used to do a ton of theater, so that's not like me.
Anyway, I like your keeping track suggestion. In fact, I made a baby blog. I haven't made it public or anything because I didn't think anyone would be interested in reading stuff I write to my little "fetus" as you call it. (ha ha which cracks me up because yes I know that is what it's called, but it just sounds so medically correct :) Nothing like lint ball ha ha). Thanks for being interested in our updates though. You are a great friend! :)
Post a Comment