Tonight, this lovely Friday night, found me shopping with Clara. I was going to give these five reasons it's not cool to go shopping with a 2-year old, without the husband, on Friday:
- Creepy Man stares at you.
- Creepy Man stares and smiles at your daughter the entire time he walks past you... and turns to continue to look and smile as he is ahead of you.
- It's a little depressing seeing all the other women shoppers who's husbands accompanied them.
- People look at you funny when you take a 2-year old into Victoria's Secret.
- Mr. Macho gives you a thumbs up, as in "thumbs up, you idiot", when you come around a corner in the parking lot and almost hit the car he's a passenger in. Oh, that's funny, I thought I lived in America and I thought in America, you drive on the right side of the road/parking lot lane. (PS She wasn't even in the middle, she was about one foot away from the cars on her left.)
But then I decided no one likes a frowny face, so I decided to give five reasons shopping on Friday night with a 2-year old is awesome:
- I wouldn't have wanted Jason to see the 16 year old boys in skinny jeans that had legs the size of my arms. I would've felt fat.
- 2-year olds don't care if you walk in circles because you have to go to some stores more than once before you make up your mind.
- Clara was ecstatic to see the pink dog with white polka dots (aka the Victoria Secret puppy)
- I realized I could be a hairstylist. This boy's haircut was significantly shorter on one side and all choppy and uneven. I could totally do that.
- In one store, Clara took something off the shelf and ran, as fast as she could, outside. I didn't catch up to her until she was completely outside. When the culprit is two, shoplifting is just funny. This was Clara's first time and hopefully her last.
Friday, January 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Oh, I hate Mr. Macho and his stupid thumb. I'm seriously mad about it, and it didn't even happen to me! Talk about road rage...
LOL! Mr. Macho cracks me up. Whatever dude.
You're so good to list the positive things about shopping with a 2 year old. It's always an adventure!!
Okay, you crack me up! Clara is a thief!
Anna, I bought a package of the chewy nerds last night and tried them. When I ate the first one, I thought it felt like a sugar explosion in my mouth. I like the strawberry ones a lot. They taste EXACTLY like strawberry nerds, but I didn't care much for the other flavors. I wish they made a package of just all strawberry.
sounds like you had a lot of fun shopping! haha! love your FOF!
Okay, I laughed so hard I cried when I read about Clara grabbing something off the shelf and bolting. She is such a little character. I would have cracked up if Lily had done that!
Hey, I found your blog from Ashley and Matt's!
Creepy guy smiling and staring would be number one and two on my list as well.
The mall is good for finding the weirdest, creepiest people around. Its quite entertaining (maybe without the two year old). And what are you buying in Victoria Secret? Didn't your anniversary already pass? :)
Post a Comment