Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Um, yaaaah

What sounds better, going to bed early and waking up every 1-2 hours only to be kept awake for long spans of time by The Man (who's also sick) or staying up so late your body is so tired it has no option except to sleep until morning? Plan A didn't work out so well for me last night, so we're going with Plan B tonight. It's gotta be better than last night. To help my efforts, I thought I'd offer up some random pictures and random thoughts.

This little goose is hilarious. Today she stuck her legs straight in the air when I laid her on her back for her nap. Then tonight we were watching the Suns game for our FHE activity (hmm, I wonder who was in charge of FHE tonight) and if we laughed or got excited, Clara would start fake laughing really loud. She hates to be left out, that's for sure.
She likes to watch "ball", aka basketball. Normally it lasts all of 5 minutes or so (shortest attention span ever). If you look closely, you see her hands behind her head...... not sure where she picked it up.
I wore these tights to church Sunday. I'm pretty sure almost everyone that saw me was wondering what I was thinking. You know, when people just look at you, not sure what to say. Kind of like when I get Shingles on my face. It's very obvious I have a big scab on my face that shouldn't be there and people try not to let me know they saw it so they don't have to comment on it (not that I expect them to, I know it's awkward). But anyway, that's how these tights are. Guess how much I care? I don't. Our church building is FREEZING and these keep me nice and warm. And I'm pretty sure the kids in Nursery think they are awesome.
James' friend's sister's dog (read it again, to make sure you followed that) is a Great Dane (duh) and is HUGE. Clara almost got to ride it like a horse.
It's the most wonderful time, of the year.
Tonight Clara wanted to put Jason's socks on. She ran around like this until bed time.
Friday was Daniel's birthday. He's the mechanical mind in the family. He can fix almost anything. I used to tell him he should be a mechanical engineer. He told me his dream was to own a go cart shop and live in a shack in the back of it. Daniel has a tender heart, which he hides all too well and often.

Today is James' birthday. James is the miracle baby. It's no wonder he survived all that he did upon entering this world: he's got more energy than anyone I've ever seen. When he was younger, he'd run and run and run and run. He might just become a walking book of facts like my dad.

PS Tonight I am especially grateful for a nose, more specifically, nostrils. Try brushing your teeth and then washing your face breathing only through your mouth.

8 comments:

Amy from Our Dish said...

For the record, I saw you and those tights were freakin cute!!!

Kate said...

Hey Anna! I'm sorry you're sick. Really I am. This winter has been HORRIBLE for us as far as being healthy goes. I can't do Tues VTing, but it doesn't matter anyway, cause you need some rest! Can I help you with anything!? You're lucky your legs were warm at church. I always love getting home and putting warm sock and shoes on my ice cold feet and ankles. I hate cold feet and ankles.

Cook Zoo said...

Were you wearing those last Sunday?? I didn't even notice. Maybe people are looking weird at you for entirely different reasons. ;)

Lisa said...

I am laughing at myself, because I reread that sentence about the dog 3 times before I went on and saw the rest of the sentence!! Thanks for making me smile!!

DeWitts said...

I love your tights!

Jamie Wilkinson said...

Those tights are smokin' hot! I don't know what you're talking about, my friend!

Clara is so stinkin' cute in that first picture. And my goodness, is she a character. I love the picture of her kickin' back and watching basketball.

bethiepoos said...

those tights are fantastic!

bethiepoos said...

those tights are fantastic!