Monday, December 22, 2008

Drawing the Line

There have been so many little things we've been up to and since it seems things are only going to get busier before Christmas, here's a brief highlight of it all.

Lunch Party: Hosted by one of my clients. Jason and Clara came. Cold, good food and fun.

Ward Christmas party: Impressive (don't ever ask me to be on the activities committee, I would not impress). Clara even sat on Santa's lap for the first time. She didn't smile, but she wasn't screaming either.
Ten dozen sugar cookies: I had way too many people on my list of places to take them (including most of you), but I had to draw the line. So there the line was drawn, below everyone that wasn't on my street, wasn't my VT or wasn't Jason's HT. I made way too much green frosting and decided oh well, what's wrong with martian gingerbread men and stars from Krypton (that's a place, right?)?
Connie & Rodney: Came to town for shopping and Clara's birthday. I went shopping with Connie and Rodney and Jason stayed home while Clara had a nice short catnap (small houses, talking men and light sleepers don't mix well). After that, we went out to dinner.
Home theaters: The guys refused to forgo watching the Suns' game, so we set up our own little theater in Clara's room for the kids to watch Polar Express. Someone, won't mention any names, said "Maybe we could have a snack too". I love how sneaky these kids are. Wheat thins, peanut M&M's and a movie, DVD players are the best babysitters ever. Ha ha, send 'em on over anytime! We did play a little bit, I promise. And I was in the room more than I was out because my child doesn't seem to know how to watch a movie.
Accompanying: I have the hardest time playing the piano when people are singing, unless I have the piece memorized. Lamar needed to practice so I was sight reading these pieces and somehow managed to play just fine while he sang Tenor and Rodney sung Baritone. It was a happy moment, two of my favorite music sources: the piano and men's singing voices. I wish I could do that more often.

Streaking: It always looks better with a beanie.
Christmas pictures: I'm such a rebel. Clara and Jason wore pink instead of red and I wore green (the ONLY person in RS that had on green... and PS, 16 of the 20 or so other women in there had red on... yes, I counted). Clara was so darling while we were taking these pictures. She kept wanting to grab our faces and was doing a really good job smiling.
Trains & poop: After dinner on Sunday we went to a train display. Still cool (we went last year). We didn't stay long because Clara and I smelled like poop. Yeah, poop. Just as we were leaving my mom's, I smelled something awfully funny and realized Clara had crawled and stepped in poop somewhere and then tracked it all over me (and Clint and Angela). After checking Clara and making sure it was from neither of us, we were certain it was from one of the dogs. Fantastic. I was feeling sheepish because of the gifts that were given to Clara (I'm suffering from poorman's humility) and then I smelled like poop. Good thing I get over stuff quickly. :)
Clara's new babysitter:
Angela: Today is Angela's birthday. She might not like me for having Clara the day before her birthday, but I'm glad we get to celebrate her and Clara's birthdays together. Sometimes I'm intimidated by Angela's coolness, but I still love her. I'm looking forward to when we can hang out more during the day (don't get excited, I'm not implying anything here, it's just my thought). Love ya Angela!

5 comments:

Rachel+Co said...

Hi Anna. I just got caught up on your blog. Your post comparing us was hilarious. I didn't realize at the time that you weren't thinking the same things we were when we were out and about. That is so funny.

I love that picture of my kitchen. I might as well post it on my blog too. It makes it look so good. I bet if Angela took a picture of your kitchen it would look awesome too. Also, your kitchen could look like mine if you had married Don. He's the one who built the cabinets and poured the concrete countertop. But lucky. LUCKY you. Don't you get a lot of free fish? hee hee...

Anyway, your cookies look really good. And so sad about the poop. UGH...Can you tell Clara happy late birthday? She is so stinkin' cute

JLynn said...

oh, anna i always find myself drooling over your sugar cookies. :( mmmfffff. it's so so sad. and it wouldn't ever be the same if i made them, b/c that's one of the reasons they always look so great, b/c they're made by you and your sugar cookies are the SOFTEST BEST EVER. :) I take solace in knowing you'd bring me TWO plates of your cookies if I lived down the street.

Cache is still not interested in tv. I ask him every now and then if he wants to watch a "show" and he sits down for approximately 2 seconds and then he gets up and moves on to a toy or running around. And I've admired your bravery in giving your child M&M's. I still fear Cache will choke on them. Well M&Ms and other things too...

I can never get over Clara's cuteness. She is by far one of the cutest little gals I've ever known/seen. I love her little smile. It's so heartwarming.

PS. Sorry you smelled like Poop. :)

Cook Zoo said...

Great post. :) I love that you were the only one wearing green. Too funny! I would've been wearing red too, but that would've required ironing and I just didn't care that much, LOL! Oh and thanks for the tip about the trains (on your other blog). We went to several houses last Saturday and it was awesome! :)

Jamie Wilkinson said...

There is so much I love about this post. But I'll limit my comments to two. I absolutely am in love with that picture with the three of you where Clara is putting a hand on each of your cheeks. She looks like a little angel there. And I laughed so hard I cried at the picture of her streaking with the beanie. I wish she and Lily could meet. They are both such characters that it would be funny to watch them interact.

mommy said...

Yeah Adalyn doesn't know how to watch a movie either. And I wore orange on the Sunday before Christmas... and everyone else was wearing red.