Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving Dinner, Shopping & Friends

We had a lovely Thanksgiving dinner at my mom's. Her cooking never disappoints. The funny thing is, we had less people there for Thanksgiving dinner than we do every week for Sunday dinner. Which is probably why I didn't take a single picture all day. Shame on me.

Friday morning I woke up early (not crazy early) to get some shopping done. I got everything I set out to get, mostly Clara's birthday and Christmas gifts. I'm already debating on taking some of the things back. I'm so indecisive it's exhausting.

That night we had some of my high school friends over since Rob was in town. It was a little last minute and I didn't have much energy so we just had casual food (i.e. wings, veggie tray, dips and desserts... some of which my lovely guests brought) and hung out. Each time I am around my friends from HS I am reminded of how fortunate I was to be surrounded by such a good group of people. All of them have done much with their lives. Those that have married have found wonderful people. And all of them are good, genuine individuals. Lucky me.

Obviously we're missing a few... maybe someday we'll all get together again. Maybe.
We were all in my front room and even the floor was covered with people. It was great. I took a picture and noticed I was the only one in the room that didn't have a body part in the picture. So I retook it with my foot sneaking in.
Ryan and Clara rode the horse together and it was awesome. Kids are so funny.
Landon (or is it Braden??) show me your funny face.
Clara, show me your funny face.
Or your belly will work. She sure thought she was funny flashing everyone when we told her to show us her funny face.

6 comments:

DeWitts said...

Looks like you had a great thanksgiving. Love your foot in that pic you are so funny!

JLynn said...

Clara has an awesome smile. She looks a lot like her mommy. Her smile looks exactly like yours in a few of those pictures. Happy Thanksgiving a little late and Merry Christmas too!

Lindsey Kilpatrick said...

Anna, have you ever thought about being a foot model? Looks like you had a great time. I recognize some of those faces from high school but can't put names to them. Can you believe in a little over a year we have our ten year coming up. Dang, I feel old.

Lindsay said...

Thanks for inviting us over, even if we did have to bail early. I love getting together with everyone! :)

Cook Zoo said...

Clara just cracks me up. She has such a great personality. :)

Jamie Wilkinson said...

Are those Danny Picketts' boys? They look just like him! Crazy