Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Switcheroo

Today is my birthday. But this year, I'm going to pretend my birthday was yesterday instead of today. Because yesterday was a great day.

I went to lunch with, Clara, my mom and Lily. On the way to my mom's, I noticed a few boys (16-17 yr olds) looking at me. They faded behind me and then when I looked over again as they pulled alongside my car, I saw they had written on a piece of paper: "Phone #?" I smiled and wiggled my wedding ring at them and heard both of them yell "Dang it!" Unfortunately for them, we were next to each other at the red light. They refused to pull up to the line. Then, they zoomed past me and the boy in the passenger seat covered his head in shame. Poor guys. Sorry you were humiliated, but it sure made me feel good. You must've thought I was in high school because my sunglasses were covering up my wrinkly eyes. Oh, and what'd you think about the two year old in my backseat? My mother suggested maybe you thought I was babysitting. I wasn't. She's mine. And her father is my husband... of five years. Ha!

So back to lunch... We went to Chive's (the restaurant at the Manor). It was pretty good food and a quaint porch setting. Clara loved that when she was done eating, she could just run around. And the price was just right.
I got some work done while Clara slept and then we took her to my mom's so we could go out. Angela, Ryan, Kathryn and Beka joined us at Outback for dinner. Ah, family, friends and good food. That's the good life. After dinner, we helped Angela get her battery fixed (it decided to die during dinner) and then watched a movie when we got home. Nice, relaxing and fun. Angela, I'm sorry your eyes are closed, but to even things up, I left everyone else's nice and red. :)
Meanwhile... Clara was reading the Owner's Manual to make sure everything was done properly.
Then there was today... I worked from 7:30-3:30 breaking only to make breakfast, make lunch and take a quick shower before Scouts. Clara destroyed my house all the while. I stopped working at 3:30 for Scouts. At five (after Scouts), I realized I forgot to go to KS, so I called Jason to see if he could go on his way home. About then, I realized I was expected to make dinner, but I was trying to pack and Clara was whining over everything (as she had done most of the day). I decided my sanity was worth the expense of going out to eat. Not to mention that I could save myself from a mini breakdown. So the bacon went back in the freezer and out we went. I did compromise with my budget and my schedule and went to Chipotle. Half the price, half the time.

Thanks for everyone that wished me a happy day today. If you're wondering why I didn't call you back, it's because after dinner, when I finally had a spare minute, I talked to the eldest Melzer for over an hour. After my phone conversation and foot rub, it was back to work. Now it's after 3:00am and I'm all ready for bed. Finally. (While I wrote most of this, I was getting a foot rub with lotion. Jason gives me lots of foot rubs, but it takes a special occasion for lotion to get involved. It has to be a really special occasion. Like my mother carrying me for nine months and then birthing me. Thanks mom!) I guess the day wasn't a total loss...

15 comments:

Lisa said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!!

DeWitts said...

Wishing you a happy belated birthday!

Julie said...

Happy Birthday Anna! I actually thought of you yesterday. . . but sorry, no phone call. I saw your bday on the RS list. Sorry you had to work and have scouts. But I think getting picked up by high school students makes up for it all. Yeah baby!

I AM JOE PESCI said...

We should totally go cruisin' for guys some time.

Kami Milliron said...

HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY !

I remember the foot rubs with lotion, I haven't had one of those since before we got married. I guess it's true that our Husbands are always on their best behavior when they're still trying to impress us : ) But in my Husbands defense, he makes up for it in many other ways.

That is hilarious that those Boys were trying to get your number ! I had that happen at a gas station about 2 months ago. Some guy ( much older than 16 ) pulled up next to my car as I was pumping gas and asked me if I was single. I turned around and with my belly as big as it is and my wedding ring glistening in the sun ( Douglas was also in the car, what is with these guys ?! ) I said, " nope, I'm married " He drove off.

Weird - o !

Ryan said...

I'm so hot.

Marie said...

Happy Birthday Anna! One year older and wiser too! Happy birthday to you.

Cook Zoo said...

Happy Birthday!! You still got it baby! ;)

Rhiannon said...

How nice for those boys to hit on you. :)
I'm glad you had a great day before birthday.

Kate said...

Happy Birthday Anna! That's great that you got hit on by some high schoolers. Ha ha! Glad you had a really good day before your birthday day. :)

Brenden said...

Happy Birthday! So how come we only go out to dinner for our husband's birthdays but not ours? :).

And I love that those boys hit on you. I had that happen to me when I was at Chevron and a guy (the windshield repairman) was like chomping on a twinkie and he said "you're really small. That's my type" with twinkie falling out of his mouth and frosting all over his face. It was disgusting. At least your situation was funny.

Brenden+Nikki said...

ha ha oops I was signed in under the wrong name for that last comment - so just to clarify - that nasty twinkie guy hit on me NOT Brenden. ha ha.

Lindsay said...

Happy belated birthday, Anna!! I like your switcheroo day idea. ;)

Jamie Wilkinson said...

Happy belated birthday! Hope you had a great [pre] birthday. I decide arbitrarily which day we celebrate my birthday. It doesn't matter if I have had one or twenty celebrations that year, so I say go ahead and switch!

Deb said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! A little late. Sorry it was kind of a lame day full of working. I'm such a priss, I always want to celebrate and have a great day on the ACTUAL day. I get upset when I have to wait until the weekend to celebrate my B-day. I don't even like to do my kids b-day's on a different day and they don't even know the difference.

But what a great reminder that you've still got "it." The only guy who whistles at me is my hubby. Atleast someone does right?