I let Clara frost her cookie. Don't let this picture fool you, Clara never intended that big blob of frosting to be smeared on the cookie. It's much more efficient to just eat it straight off the knife. Why wait and eat the frosting with the cookie?
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Politookies
Last night as I was winding down, I realized tomorrow (today) would bring me lots of anxiety for two reasons. In an attempt to mitigate my anxiety, I made plans with myself to have fun and bake sugar cookies. Other than waking up with awful knots/ulcer pains in my stomach (no, not because of the elections, although that was the lessor contributing factor to my anxiety), my day has gone well.
I let Clara frost her cookie. Don't let this picture fool you, Clara never intended that big blob of frosting to be smeared on the cookie. It's much more efficient to just eat it straight off the knife. Why wait and eat the frosting with the cookie?
We started with white, but clearly she welcomed the "red" and blue also.
I let Clara frost her cookie. Don't let this picture fool you, Clara never intended that big blob of frosting to be smeared on the cookie. It's much more efficient to just eat it straight off the knife. Why wait and eat the frosting with the cookie?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


12 comments:
Where are mine?
I LOVE your politookies! I'm a registered Independent so the little guy in the middle would suffice, but I voted for the little guy in red on the right, last Friday! Wish I was there to gobble up all your cookies! :)
How do you get the frosting on there so neat and nice? I have to know!
You're so cool. You're always baking. I like to bake, but I hate the clean up. And I was wondering the same thing as Amy, how did you frost them so perfectly??? They look awesome!
If I show you my "I voted today" sticker, do I get a free cookie? ;) You're so creative!
Not only do I want to know how they were frosted so nicely I want to know how you baked the sugar cookies and the recipe. (I can do cakes, but not cookies)
Every year I make sugar cookies for Santa and we decorate them on Christmas Eve, but never never turn out very good. I need some tips!
Do you love your recipe? I'm looking for a new sugar cookie recipe. I made some on Halloween and I had to add like 2 cups extra flour to the dough because it was WAY to sticky to even attempt to roll out. They actually looked really pretty when I was finished, but they didn't taste great. Would you share your recipe?
You are awesome. Your cookies look great and to boot they were hilarious. You are very witty, very witty indeed. How come I never knew you better?
Please don't tell me the three of you ate all those!!! You should have gotten together with Roccy's idea for the bake sale at the polls. Your cookies might help voter turn out.
Your cookie posts make me long for our sugar cookie date! I want to learn your secrets!
Anna, aren't you glad you don't have to worry about money anymore? Obama is going to share with all of us!!!!!
p.s.
Your cookies are cute. Someday I'll know how to cook/bake like you.
Those are cute. You are very creative.
Oh, and I am flattered that you think I'm organized. I certainly don't think so. I do work full-time. I think I try to over-compensate with Lily b/c I feel guilty having to work, so I try to do fun stuff with her as often as possible. I don't always succeed, but I figure I'll get credit for trying. If you saw my house, though, you would understand why I have the time. I do laundry about once or twice a month.
Post a Comment