Sunday, November 9, 2008

Items too small for an individual post, too big to ignore

Black pot. Could it be that there was a fire under my stove? Surely a piece of food that dropped under the stove coil didn't do this to my pot. Otherwise I would've removed the pot when I saw the little glowing ember.
And no way did it leave these ashes all over. Surely not.
Blocks. Let me tell you the (short, maybe) story of the blocks. I decide I will make blocks for a shower gift. We go to Home Depot to get the 4"x4" beam. They tell me they can't cut it into 4" pieces; the smallest is 12". Okay, 12" now and we'll (meaning Jason) hack it down ourselves. Get home. Realize the nice man cut them to 11.5". Jason goes back to Home Depot. The same guy tries to cut them to 11.5" again. Jason gets him to cut to 12" and comes home. Jason cuts blocks into 4" pieces. I cut the paper and lay it on the block. WHAT? They aren't square. Oh yeah, Jason says. I forgot, 4"x4" means 3.5"x3.5". What genius decided it'd be a good idea to do such a thing is beyond me. Back to the garage, with the saw, so I could show Jason how to cut in a straight line so he could re-cut the blocks. Wewsh. Finish blocks. ... NEXT DAY ... go to pick up blocks to wrap. Blocks are stuck together. Whatever, it's an hour before the shower. So, I took them anyway and begged Cherie to tell me if they stuck again so I could exchange the gift. Maybe I didn't let them cure long enough. Or maybe, just maybe, I have that kind of luck. Another great idea of mine. Obviously it's an idea in need of serious refinement.
Before you mock my protective eye gear... I didn't wear them until a piece, a little chunk of wood, flew into my eye.

Hot & Cold: Friday night Jason and I had tickets to go to Time Out for Couples at the Civic Center. We got a Hot 'n Ready Little Caesar's pizza (I wasn't kidding) and ate it as we drove. The event was pretty good (except that the room was absolutely freezing). We laughed a lot and enjoyed hanging out. Then we held hands as we walked into the ghetto to our car, since I refused to pay $10 for parking. How sweet.

Shopping frustrations. We had family pictures Saturday (pictures to come...) so I decided to go shopping for stuff to wear. I couldn't decide what would go with what, so I ended up buying four shirts and a pair of jeans for Jason and five shirts and four pairs of jeans for me. :) Don't worry, what we didn't wear will be returned (mostly). I bought a brown shirt for Clara on clearance at Target a while ago and was trying to match it. I wanted to wear turquoise and brown but that wasn't happening based on my findings. Friday night, Angela came over to help us coordinate outfits for the picture. I ended up wearing the first and cheapest outfit I bought (should've stopped then!). Seriously, shirt: $6.99, pants: $6.99. Bargains are cool.

Speaking of cool...Skinny Jeans. I'm so cool I can hardly stand it. I bought my first pair(s) of skinny jeans. And I look anorexic in them. Sweet.
Sunday Dinner. Not that I need them, but more reasons to love Sunday dinner at my parent's: Elsa with Clara in a headlock and Lily trying to get Lucy to make her face visible for the picture.
Pepper on Coconut Cream Pie (compliments Chef Lucy)
Elsa coveting Lucy's turn with the sucker and thinking about how much happier her life would be if she could but touch the sucker.
Elsa's dreams coming true as she touches the sucker.
And then the sucker hit the metal chair and broke into many pieces. Clara and Elsa were thrilled, for good reason. Suckers for everyone.

Tiny little dogs dressed up.
Sticky hands and faces.

10 comments:

Deb said...

Life's always a party at your house!

Jamie Wilkinson said...

Okay, I'm either really slow or really dense, but I don't understand what the blocks were for. What kind of present were they?

Cute pictures, though. And I really wish I were close enough to have sunday dinner with family. Clara is very lucky to have cousins so close. I was getting all teary-eyed looking at the pictures wishing we were in Arizona. Man, I was actually wishing for 120 degree weather.

My World said...

I wish my skinny jeans made me look anorexic...

angela hardison said...

Hey, the person right above me stole my comment...

Sometimes I don't understand how two people with such different bodies can be sisters. It's not really fair, but I'm over it.

Kami Milliron said...

We have Family pictures this month too. But here is the difference in our pictures : you most likely looked gorgeous in them and I am going to be hidden in the back to keep from looking like a beached whale.

Hooray !

Julie said...

I'm impressed that you made the blocks. I would have given up after the second wrong cut. . . nice jeans, I wanna see them at the next ward party!

I AM JOE PESCI said...

nice jeans. How's your eye?

Cook Zoo said...

You get points for even attempting anything as cool as those blocks. My idea of a party favor is to forget the party favor. Oh yeah.

DeWitts said...

You are always up to something. Love the skinny jeans!

Rachel+Co said...

Some painting advice from the wife of a pro: never use latex paint. It will always be tacky. Go with tinted lacquer or spray paint.

And some fashion advice from your sister: I have yet to see one person look good in skinny jeans. Not one. Ever.