Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Better Than My Dreams

Friday night, I had a dream. The guys taking our family pictures wanted me to wear a wedding dress. They had implied it'd be a family photo shoot, but really they just wanted two people to model wedding dresses and had lied to me to get me to go. I hate getting tricked into doing things. I pride myself on being skeptical so I felt so foolish that I let them get the best of me. Some strange girl and I were selected for this shoot and they just kept taking picture after picture with us. Obviously, at this point, I didn't realize I was dreaming because I model all the time. :) Anyway, so they took our pictures and when they were done, they hadn't taken a single picture with Jason, Clara and I. In my dream I remember thinking: Even if I was in a wedding dress, at least I could have had one picture with Jason and Clara in it! I was so mad. I woke up worrying that it was foreshadowing and that I'd be disappointed with our pictures.

Fortunately, the photographers were laid back and honest. I didn't have to wear a wedding dress. And we got several pictures of our little family. Reality was way better than my dreams.

We got our pictures back a few hours after they took them. How's that for service? To get the full story of how I found out about these guys, read here. After some reassurance from Angela and Kathryn that my biggest concern wasn't really a concern (I'm a wee bit critical of myself), I've decided I love our pictures. I liked the quality from the moment I saw them, but I could probably find something to complain about in every picture that's ever been taken of me.

Clara was being a little turkey. She just wanted to run away and looking at the camera appeared to be the most difficult thing I've ever asked her to do. However, one of my favorite pictures is this one, where she's looking away from the camera... because that's reality.
Or maybe it's this one, where she's biting her lip and lifting up her shirt.
And this is my absolute favorite.
Jason looks great in this one and I LOVE the lighting. Never mind Clara is mad that Jason won't let her run away.
During one of Clara's many attempts to run away, they just started taking pictures of her. Of course she wasn't about to look at the camera even then. Notice her sagging pants (I didn't have to worry about her running too far because her pants would eventually fall down and she'd be forced to sit down) and her dirty little hand.
The pictures were taken by DM Photo. Check them out if you need lovely photos for anything. The quality of the photos is fantastic and I was able to relax and just have a good time during the shoot because they were so laid back and easy going.

19 comments:

Rhiannon said...

I love your pictures. You have such a cute family.

Unknown said...

Such cute pictures! That is funny you dreamed you were a model becuase just the other night I had a dream that you were in a commercial modeling something! HAHA! I have no idea where my crazy pregnancy dreams come from but maybe this is something you should look into.... ya know.. since we both dreamed it!

Ashley Harris said...

They turned out fantastic!!! Beautiful photos, and now you have no excuse not to send out Christmas cards! ;)

The Blakes said...

They all look great. Love the colors and the backgrounds...all of it

Bekah: said...

You are beautiful! Your family is adorable. Clara has so much personality. What a cutie!

The pictures turned out great!

JLynn said...

They are such beautiful pictures, because you guys are such a beautiful family. :) I LOVE them! (and you) Please send me one. :) I'm sorry your birthday card will not arrive on your birthday. :( I will call you tomorrow though and I'm sure you'll have a happy day. I have to go stir my pasta now! :o)

Lisa said...

Oh Anna, those turned out so cute! I love the colors, brown and blue look so good together. I am hoping for a Christmas card too!!

I AM JOE PESCI said...

Fantabulous!

Cook Zoo said...

WOW! Those pictures turned out fantastic! I loved all of them. You have a beautiful family. :)

Brenden+Nikki said...

Those are awesome!! Who did you use? And Clara looks too darn cute. I just want to squeeze her. I love that you can put her hair in pigtails now.

My World said...

I like the one where Clara is mad too, just because as parents you just have to sit there and smile!!! :)

Great pix!

Marie said...

Those are cute! Tyler was looking at them with me and he was laughing at Clara. He really likes to tell about what Clara does when he comes over.

DeWitts said...

Love the pics! So cute! I love Clara she is so funny! You have such a cute little family.

Kate said...

Cute pictures! The cute thing is that they capture the true toddler in Clara. You look really pretty. :)

Lindsay said...

Those turned out fabulous!!! You look great! I totally want to get good family pictures done, but it'll have to wait awhile.

Jamie Wilkinson said...

Those pictures turned out so great. I'm so much more impressed with the people you used than with the people I used for family pics recently. I love the coordinating blouses on you and Clara. And I LOVE the sagging shot of Clara. Lily is constantly sagging b/c we buy jeans that are bigger than what she needs, figuring we can roll the cuffs and they will last more than a month. Yes, we are cheap like that.

And thanks for the comment on spending time with Lily. I think one concession I grant myself is that I do spend more quality time with Lily when I'm working then when I'm not (I've done both). I think I definitely appreciate my time with her more when I don't get to spend all day every day with her. And she has a fantastic daycare with teachers she loves. And the other toddlers love her (and vice versa). Seeing as how she doesn't have any cousins for playmates, I'm glad she at least has that. Although I still wish I didn't have to have her in there full time. You're lucky you can work, even part time, from home.

On a tangent...is it a little weird that we're having a conversation through blog comments?

Miller Family said...

I love the pictures. I agree with you...toddlers make picture taking a little tricky! It's like they know they are supposed to look at the camera, so they will do everything they can not to! Crazy girl. :) I still think they turned out super cute....and you look amazing as usual! :)

Christi said...

Your pictures turned out great! What a cute family and cute cute Clara. You look beautiful.

Kami Milliron said...

What GORGEOUS Family pictures ! You look beautiful and everything turned out so nice. I am very nervous for our Family pictures in two weeks. I look like a cow and I am so worried I will look fat and bloated, rather than just pregnant.