Tuesday, October 21, 2008

If I Could Do It Over Again

I've been thinking lately. I'm pretty opinionated. My life is crazy. I teeter, daily, between crazy and sane. I talk non-stop, often about nothing, and I pretty much feel like there's a constant tornado in my head. That is why I've decided my blog is being re-named to: Diary of A Mad White Woman. Nothing seems more appropriate.

Besides thinking, here's what else I've been up to.

Amy's Birthday
Amy's birthday was Thursday. We had lunch at Kathryn's and had fun visiting. Then Amy and Beka came over Thursday night to hang out. We ate lots of junk and laughed and laughed. Ahh, reminiscing about when we were "young" and eating is so refreshing. Knowing full well we wanted to get together for Amy's birthday, I gladly let her bring treats when she offered. She always gets the best snacks.

Lily's Birthday
Friday Lily had a party so we went and helped my mom. Clara LOVES Aunt Lily. I love her too. She's such a sweet person that loves to help other people and is genuinely concerned for others. There are pros and cons about being the youngest of nine. Pro: Mom goes all out for birthday parties. The theme was luau and it was great. I guess after you do receptions for four of your daughters, a birthday party is a piece of cake, right? Con: On the Sunday we celebrate your birthday with the family, don't expect more than a half-eaten pan of brownies to put your candles in.Blissfest
Saturday Clara and I went with my mom, Lily and Lily's friend to Blissfest in downtown Mesa. Truth be told, we went mostly to see Angela, but had a good time walking through the booths. Someday, when I don't have two houses, I'm going to only buy letterpress cards. Even a boring accountant can appreciate handmade beauty. Clara had a good time eating frosting (and part of the cupcake) for lunch. She let no frosting go to waste. When she dropped frosting in the street and it stuck to leaves and dirt, it didn't bother her one bit. We wanted lunch from Mango's, but didn't have time. So we tried Pete's and After that we settled for Jack-In-the-Box. So much for our dining experience at a non-chain local restaurant.

Bunco
This month was couples month and it just happened to be at a mortuary. Very fitting for Halloween. Afterwards, we got a tour. I know people that work there get desensitized, but still... I had a great time and Jason admitted he enjoyed it too. Do I ever not when it involves good food and socializing? I can't believe I didn't take pictures, though.

Party in a blanket
Sunday at my mom's, the three little girls got swung all at once in a blanket. They loved it. I loved it too because I discovered there's no better way to get all three girls looking at me with big smiles at the same time.Sick
Clara got sick and now I'm sick. Roccy, this is not an invitation for you to bring me dinner, so don't even think about it. I still haven't forgiven myself for stealing your bacon and bread. I just feel blah. You know when you have a headache, feel super tired and you have a sore, "hairy throat"? Clara's has progressed into coughing, so who knows what's in store for me. Ryan called and I told him I feel like crap. He told me I don't look any worse than I feel. I'm glad him and I are close like that. :) Here it is, barely after nine, and I can barely hold my eyes open. I have a few things I needed to do tonight but feeling this way provides me a good justification for not caring. After this, I think I'll go to sleep and dream about being able to lie around tomorrow and not work. If only in my dreams...

11 comments:

Copple's said...

I am so impressed at how updated you always have your blog so I can keep an update on you and your fam. I am lucky to sit at the computer longer than two minutes at a time, not long enough to upload pictures... But just had to say hello and hope you have a happy Halloween!

Deb said...

Couples bunco sounds fun!! I've never heard of that before.

I think the new blog name is awesome. I'll make sure to change it on my side bar.

angela hardison said...

Thanks for coming to visit me at Blissfest. And for the future purchases of my letterpress cards :) (in other words, here's to selling your house!)

JLynn said...

i feel for ya.... i've been dealing with the cold/flu for the past two days... yesterday i felt like crap- it was the worst, today a tad bit better, but i still can't breathe and it keeps me from my much needed rest... so here i am leaving a comment, b/c i can not sleep. i'm the worst sick person ever. i can't function, i'm not productive and on and on.... i hope you and clara start to feel better, i just hope my little moose doesn't catch my cold and lucky for curt he just got his flu shot last week at work.

DeWitts said...

Love the new blog name! I also have been feeling and looking like crap. I hate being sick. I hope you start feeling better soon.

Kate said...

sorry to hear you are sick. Dalon came down with the stomach flu monday night. He seems to be recovered already though! Thank goodness. I hope I don't get it. I HATE the flu! Maybe I'm retarded, but what is Bunco?

Lisa said...

Oh gosh, your new title cracks me up!!! LOL

Hope you are feeling better soon!

Miller Family said...

Anna you are too funny! I love reading all your posts because half the time I'm going through the same thing and it's great to know there's someone out there who I can relate to. We've had the nasty cold around here too. It's been almost two weeks, so I hope it doesn't hang around your house that long. Hope you feel better soon!!

Rhiannon said...

I love your new title. I so feel like a mad white woman all the time. I can't tell you how much anxiety that goes on in my head. AHHH.
I hope that you get to feeling better

Cook Zoo said...

Is it cold season already? Sorry to hear you're one of the first casualties. I hope you get better soon!

Kami Milliron said...

What Jason said to you totally reminds me of what my sweet Husband said to me yesterday. I told him I felt like crud and my back and hips hurt really bad. He gave me a nice, big hug and so sweetly said : honey, it's because you're getting bigger ! Oh thanks dear, as if I couldn't tell that just by putting clothes on !