Sometimes I do things and wonder if anyone else does them. They are things you wouldn't normally know if someone else does it because they are "uncool" according to our society. So today, I offer five confessions...
1. Lately when a load of laundry is done (which is on an as-needed basis), it gets left in the dryer until a.) all the items are used or b.) we do another load. I haven't folded laundry for almost two weeks.
2. I don't really flush the toilet every time I go potty (aka pee - just had to clarify because Jason refers to the other lovely stuff as potty and trust me, that stuff doesn't hang around). Yeah, that's my contribution to conservation. Jason hates it. I love saving 20 cents and a few gallons on a regular basis. It makes me feel good.
3. I haven't, not once, wiped the counters in my kitchen this week. I have gone straight from cooking dinner to eating to working (until tonight, which I proudly claimed as the beginning of being lazy for a day or two) and have literally not had the chance. They actually have so much junk on them right now that you can't really tell that they have dried food underneath the junk.
4. I mostly eat pretty healthy. But occasionally, I'll feed Clara healthy food, eat a bite or two of mine and then eat candy, treats and chips when she's not looking. Odd that I feel it's okay for me to do that, but not her. (Okay, sometimes I let her eat the junk too, but not until she's eaten some of her lunch).
5. Sometimes I put on shirts and see a spot on them... and don't change. As long as it's not super noticeable, I figure Clara will manage to get a spot on it shortly, so why bother?
Don't pretend like you don't do any of these. But if you really don't, pretend you do to make me feel better. Just kidding. I am actually okay with it and that's obviously why I'm sharing them with the world.
PS Kate and anyone else who's wondering, FOF stands for Five on Friday. And this is when it all began...
Friday, October 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
1. Laundry - I do the same thing. Folding and putting it away is so overrated. I'll take it a step further and say that there are times that I've forgotten that there is a load of laundry in the washer needing to be put in the dryer. Then it gets that funky smell to it. On OCCASION, I've been known not to care and I'll just throw it in the dryer anyway and we'll all be wearing funky smelling clothes for a few days.
2. I don't flush every time either. "If it's yellow, let it mellow. If it's brown, flush it down!"
3. I am constantly wiping up my counters - makes me feel like I'm doing something.
4. I'm basically a healthy eater - and I do the same things with my kids - before they get any treats they must eat all of their food, meanwhile I'm scarfing down a bowl of ice cream while I'm hidden away in my room.
5. I don't think I own any shirts that don't have spots on them. I'm a slob. I don't care.
The only thing that I don't do is the kitchen counter thing. But that is only because I hate my kitchen to be messy. It's the only room in the house that I love to be sparkley. However, it is not like that every single day.
Spots on shirts? I even wear those types of shirts to church, and for the exact reason you stated.
Junk food? How else do you think I have gotten this size and my kids are all healthy looking?
Flushing? We used to not flush during the night. Because we have always had a kids bedroom wall right up against our bathroom and it would wake them up if we did flush.
Laundry: Let me just say I have about 8 loads of CLEAN laundry and not one of them is folded.
Anna, you are not alone.
Anna - you can borrow some of my faith. Mine falters at times too though...so you'll have to be willing to share some of yours on those occasions - because usually when that happens to me I read your blog and you always have something really spiritual on there, so it works out perfectly.
I actually don't get to keep my severance :(. Since it's still for the same company (Full Spectrum and Home Loans are both now owned by BofA) I will lose it starting Monday. But I do think I know why I had all of this happen. It was pretty much spelled out for me at Institute last night. I'll tell you about that later. :)
And yes, I've done every single one of these things.
1. Our dryer has always been our "whites" drawer....until we have to do laundry again which at that time I'm forced to put the laundry from last week away. I thought that was normal so I don't let myself feel guilty about that.
2. I have a cousin who only flushes once a day to save money. I'll have to ask her how much she saved because I may consider doing that. ha ha I don't know if Brenden will let me though.
3. I do normally wipe counters, but not under the toaster and other stuff like that. I normally do that once every 3 weeks.
4. ha ha eating healthy. I don't know what that is really. But I don't have kids yet so I don't feel guilty.
5. And actually the shirt I wore yesterday had a spot on it and Brenden was like "what is that?" so I wiped at it a little with a towel and went to Institute anyway. (BTW the spot was still there) And I don't even have kids to blame it on. shucks.
Yeah I do all those things. I only rarely do 1 but I'm way worse at 4, for instance this morning my daughter had fresh fruit, organic yogurt, and raw walnuts and I finished off my frozen cookie dough from Sunday that I have been substituting for meals all week.
Haha! Anna i love this post. You're always cracking me up. I love how honest you're about things. I think i've done about everyone on your list. You are so funny.
Anna, what's your email address? Or just send me an email: marcievansanderson@gmail.com Thanks!
That made my day! I'm glad I'm not the only one who uses the dryer as an extra dresser. And good luck finding me through google. Unless you're pretty creative, there are LOTS of Jamie Wilkinson's out there and I only published a few articles and one book that didn't sell all that well.
Wow. I'm pretty impressed that you made all these confessions online. I love how honest you are. I know I can always believe what you say. I'm glad I read this post. I actually do all of these except #3. I don't have much counter space so I like to have them clean and free on demand. All the others I do. I used to think I was weird for doing some of these things, but now I know, I'm just like everybody else. Thanks for being the brave one to admit it. :)
I love how you're keepin it real!! I've been thinking I'm overdue for a self-degrading post like this. I am SO with you on the laundry thing. I hate folding laundry!!
Note: it's harder to hide junk food from kids as they get older, but I'm pretty creative and have managed it. ;)
Roccy is freakin' hilarious.
If my laundry makes it out of the dryer it usually just sits on the couch where we then take clothes from there.
I can't hide junk food too well anymore because my kids have wrapper radar. They can hear a wrapper three rooms away. Darn it!
Post a Comment