Most mornings, Clara wakes up happy. Before long, I hear her saying "Ah-oh". Normally this means she's thrown her blanket and/or dolly overboard.
Several days ago, neither the blanket nor the dolly were on the ground where she was pointing, but she still continued to say "Ah-oh" as if she'd dropped something equally important over the ledge. I picked her up, sat on her chair and she insisted she needed to get whatever had fallen. I let her down and told her to get what she dropped. She walks to her crib, bends down, picks something up and comes to show me what it is. Lovely. A giant, hard booger. She must've picked it and then dropped it over the side of her bed. Tragic.
However, a few days ago, moments after Clara woke up, her "Ah-oh's" seemed a little more frantic than usual. Completely expecting it to be an overreaction to a dropped dolly or blanket or worse, her exploring in her diaper, I went into her room. At that point, the ah-oh's were much more frequent and almost panicked-sounding. Her dolly and blanket were in her bed. I didn't quite understand because she was sitting with them. And then she showed me her dolly.

6 comments:
I am still laughing! That's hilarious!!
That gives Chucky a run for his money!
Ahhh! Did she have nightmares after that? I might!
Okay, sick, but at least it was a booger and not poop. Poor dolly.
Still, SO funny...
I predict future counseling fees for her repressed dolly experience. LOL.
Post a Comment