Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Dreams Do Come True

Dear Ryan and Kathryn,

I enjoyed using your tickets to the Diamondback's game last night. Anna and I had fun. My whole life I've dreamed of being on Sports Center. At the beginning of the game I told Anna, "Someday I'll be on Sports Center. I don't know how, but I will."

Last night, all my dreams, and prophesies, came true. I think I could have caught Adam Dunn's two-run homer in the 8th inning that won the game for the Diamondbacks. I was glad the little girl got it and would have given her the ball anyway. Even though I didn't catch the ball, I still made it on Sports Center. You can see me by watching the video in the link below. I am above the left side of the State Farm sign on the very first row in my navy blue polo shirt. I am running towards the ball. And of course I have my glove. Maybe now Anna will stop laughing at me for bringing my glove to every game we ever attend.

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3590259

Thank you for making it possible for all my dreams to come true last night.

Giddy as a school boy,
Jason

P.S. Tell Anna the fly ball Chris Young missed did hit his palm beforing popping out. You also might recommend to her not to argue with me in the future about sports-related matters. Especially those that involve observing things from afar. Unless she doesn't mind being wrong.

9 comments:

I AM JOE PESCI said...

::sniff sniff:: Dreams do come true - even though I can't see you.

Unknown said...

Touching....very touching. :)

Julie said...

Jason, you're the meaning in my life. . . you're the inspiration!

Ryan said...

I knew I should have gone.

Lisa said...

Daryle is SO proud!! And Anna, Daryle brings his glove to every game too!!

DeWitts said...

Haha! Jason i'm glad your dream came true!

Cook Zoo said...

Swwweeeeet!

Deb said...

Hey thanks for the weight loss comment on our blog. Ian has lost some weight and it made him feel great that someone noticed.

mommy said...

Oh, I miss you guys!