Thursday, September 25, 2008

Different Points of View

Clara: This morning when i woke up, I realized that in all my independent and big girl glory, I didn't need to wait for my mom to come get me. I just climbed right out of my crib and walked into her room. I told her the truth: I didn't fall out, I climbed out.

I've been a big girl the rest of the week too. I put my lip gloss on all by myself, I hid my key chain and sticker where no one would look for them and I kept myself entertained by playing with my toys when I woke up from my nap.

Me: I have been waiting for some time for this morning to happen. Not the morning of September 25th, just the morning that I woke up to Clara's cry and realized it was getting closer. In walked sweet little Clara. I pulled her up on my bed and asked her if she fell out of her crib. She said no. I asked if she climbed out and she said yes. I took her in her room, put her in her crib and told her to show me how she got out. She started climbing out (I didn't let her finish). I knew it was merely a matter of time.

Clara loves lip gloss and I don't care if she takes lip gloss and puts it on. While I was getting ready, I heard the "pop" of pulling a brush from a tube and figured she was helping herself to the gloss. If only it was gloss. It was mascara. She didn't know any different and spread it beautifully near her lips. Hopefully she doesn't come to believe that black lips are attractive.I haven't had time to put my giant bag of sugar into ziplocks. I walked past and noticed something in it. I looked closer and noticed two somethings in it. Clara had hid her toys in the sugar. I figure I mostly just use sugar to bake and cook, so any germs she might have shared with the sugar will surely be killed with heat.The other day I never heard Clara wake up from her nap. I walked into the kitchen to grab something and heard her toys going off. My first thought was that she'd climbed out of her crib and was just playing with her toys. Instead, I opened the door to see this Clara pushing the noise button over and over and over. Clever Clara, clever.

11 comments:

I AM JOE PESCI said...

Have I told you lately how awesome Clara is? She really is.

I loved this: "Hopefully she doesn't come to believe that black lips are attractive."

Whenever I'm at the mall and see goth girls (or whatever they call themselves) I cringe and hope and pray that Carena never thinks that looks like a good idea.

Lorie said...

She is cute! I love when they start to get independant.

I found your blog from your comment on the I heart Mesa blog. I think I see you at the Y every morning!

Kami Milliron said...

We moved Douglas into a Toddler bed before he could even figure out how to climb out of his crib. I didn't want to have to face that reality !

Douglas's favorite place to " hide " things is in the trash. So we pretty much have to look in the trash can before we throw anything away. I haven't been able to find my flip flops in over a month. I have a feeling they're in a landfill somewhere.

Julie said...

I'm with Roccy--the goth look is freaky, except on Clara of course. Maybe she should try the lip gloss on her eyes!

Kate said...

Smart little Clara. They only get smarter.

DeWitts said...

Clara is so cute and smart. You have your hands full with her. Love it!

My World said...

I think we need to have Clara over to teach Kim some lip gloss tips. I'll let Clara keep the climbing out of the crib thing to herself though. :)

Deb said...

I just left a comment, but it never showed up.

Anyways I wrote that Adelaide is OBSESSED with lip gloss. She smears it all over the bottom half of her face every day. Luckily when she is done putting it on, she wipes it right off with a wipey.

Rachel said...

I'm so glad you found my blog! Actually, the same night you found mine, I had found yours through Donna's too. Funny! I ran out of time to comment but before that I found myself reading and scrolling and reading and scrolling and practically read your whole blog. You are quite funny!

And no, it is NOT o.k. that the ward split. :(

p.s.- Clara is so stinkin' cute.

Marie said...

Clara is one smart girl! Watch out world here she comes.

Sorry! but I tagged you! It is 6 quirks you have.

Cook Zoo said...

LOL. Love the mascara. She'll be setting a trend for STRIPED lips I think!