Monday, September 15, 2008

Destination: Nowhere

Last week was simple. I spent it enjoying time with Clara, pretending to finish unpacking from all of my trips and looking forward to a weekend not out of town.

Highlights included:

Presents. I enjoyed Monday morning watching Clara discover the presents I brought her from Tahoe. A little bear key chain and three poker chips. Ha ha. They say Lake Tahoe, they are kid-friendly and they were cheap. I wasn't looking for much more. After that, we ate a giant sugar cookie for breakfast. Clara missed me. Enrichment. We made freezer dinners and it was fun. Afterwards, Genny, Roccy, my computer and I ate Pizzookie at Genny's. They wanted BJ's, but I had to work, so they sacrificed for me.

Posing. Clara was walking around the house in my shoes and Jason took a picture of her. She held her arms straight down, hands flipped out.
Wedding Reception. I know, I know, not another one. But yes, another one. Unfortunately, we had plans for this night, but I love Mary, the bride. I visit taught her before her mission and I didn't want to miss it. So on our way to Ryan's, we stopped, I ran in, gave her a big hug and then left. I think I was in there for three minutes. And I was to Ryan's by 6:15. He was so proud of me. :) (He's Mr. On-time)

Celebration Dinner. Ryan and Kathryn have been wanting to take Jason out for a graduation congratulation. And they invited me. Since we were finally not out of town, we did it Friday. The original plan was T.Cooks, but Jason wanted something else. He chose Donovan's. None of us had ever been. It wasn't fine dining like T.Cooks, but I got my steak med-well and I still probably could've chewed it with my tongue. It was SO tender. Mmmmm. Then they brought Jason creme brule with a candle and told him congratulations. Very good food. Fun conversations. Thanks Ryan and Kathryn. Oh, and PS, they even let me leave Clara with their babysitter.

Scout Training. Scouting is a lot of work and normally I'm a little bitter with the never-ending things I'm having to do for it. Saturday I had a training for half the day and it actually wasn't bad. Plus, I got a few new ideas and my enthusiasm was recharged. The Scouting program is so good for these young boys.

Jet Rides. Clara LOVES flying on the jet plane. Good thing she's little, otherwise she wouldn't get jet plane rides from me.Bridal Shower. Holly's bridal shower was Saturday. It was fun celebrating a happy soon-to-be bride, eating too much (I just pretended that second plate full of food was my first), visiting with cousins, "uncousins" that I call cousins and aunts, laughing and talking to my mom in the car afterwards.

Family Dinner. Of course, I've missed having dinner with my family at my parent's while I've been traveling. The three little girls did dishes. They even washed a roll (look in Elsa's hand) and all the styrofoam dishes. My mom bought five of those plasma cars a little while ago and it's finally cooling off so the kids can use them. This wasn't the "best" picture, but it shows how much fun they had. Plus, you can see the reason I couldn't get a great picture is because Elsa thought her job was to chase me. I'd run ahead to get a picture, turn around and by the time I was about to take the picture, she was about to run over my feet. As I was leaving, Lily got back on one and my mom on another. I took pictures, to her surprise (although maybe it shouldn't have been surprising). It was funny.

8 comments:

Jamie Wilkinson said...

I LOVE the first picture of Clara posing. She is such a doll baby.

DeWitts said...

I love Clara's pose! So cute! Where did your mom get those plasma cars? They look like fun!

angela hardison said...

I love that last picture of my favorite little people...

Kate said...

Clara's pose is so cute. Isn't it funny thinking back on when we visited Mary and she was just dating her husband back then? Who would've known it would work out. I like Mary too. She was so pretty at the reception! I've heard about those plasma cars. Are they fun?

I AM JOE PESCI said...

How on earth did you take that jet plane picture?

Bekah: said...

oh! we love plasma cars! where did she get them?

Cook Zoo said...

Cute post. And it shows how into my new calling I am that it gave me joy to hear you went to the training and loved it. I think scouts is an awesome program.

mommy said...

How did you get the picture of Clara taking a jet ride? You never cease to amaze me, Anna. I love Elsa's roll, too... I miss your family so much!!