Thursday, August 7, 2008

Short & Sweet

If I were Angela, I'd describe the marvelous one week family reunion I just returned from in 100 words. But since I'm not Angela, I'll be sure to upload some of the 800+ pictures I took and provide a thorough account of the lovely time I had with my family in the mountains when I have more time. For now, here's 100 words and one darling picture (thanks Angela) to describe the past week.

Fires, s’mores, visiting, rain, lakes, exploring old cabins, late nights, early mornings, food, family, hiking, fishing, spiders, horny toads, tree frogs, wild flowers, hot chocolate, laughing, pictures, waterfalls, giant marshmallows, dirt, scenic drives, blue skies, cows, elk chasing, lightening, thunder, rocks, cold, cousin baths, beautiful moths, learning to share, books, squirrels, chipmunks, pine trees, aspens, no cell phones, no Internet, Oreos, relaxing, freezing toilet seats, fighting over grandma, crawdads, homemade donuts, games, illegal car rides, sore legs, therapy sessions, dirty dollies, giant cabin, violent bug swatting, crafts, peeing on the floor, nature walks, spiders, fighting over grandma, licorice and forts.
PS I had 114 unread blog posts (not including the private ones) from not checking my blog for a week, so don't be offended if I don't comment on your posts. It's going to take long enough to read them. Soon enough my life will return to normal... well, in like five weeks when I am actually home for a weekend.

12 comments:

I AM JOE PESCI said...

I am sorry you had to pee on the floor. Otherwise, that sounded AWESOME!

And that picture is truly precious. Think 8x10, framed, matted, hanging in your living room.

Julie said...

I'm glad you're back--We need to discuess "The Thirteenth Tale." Yeah, it was kinda weird. But I was looking for a weird ending because of what you said so I guessed part of it.

Have fun uploading all your pics--Sorry, you couldn't pay me enough. . .I've already wasted too much time!

The Gotzingers said...

What a awesome picture!! I love it. She is so photogenic too. I enjoy seeing all the pictures of her. They always make me smile. SO cute!

Kami Milliron said...

That is such a precious picture. All those words you used to describe your trip made me want to go on vacation. Especially the word " cold " We don't hear that too often here !

Cook Zoo said...

I agree that pic is marvelous! I can't wait to hear about the illegal car rides, LOL. It sounds like you had a blast! :)

DeWitts said...

I love that picture! Sounds like you had a good time camping!

Deb said...

I've been wondering were anna was. I didn't know you were gone on vacation. I was starting to get worried!(:

Beka said...

love the pic! cant wait to hear all about it and for you to actually talk to me again! i almost went crazy not bein able to contact you last week...for reals...hey did you know rob has a blog? look at mine under his last name! its cute!

Amy from Our Dish said...

Holy cow, 114? You are quite the blogger!!! I, too, want to hear about illegal car rides, pee on the floor, and want to see that pic hanging in your living room. :D

Brenden+Nikki said...

I love that picture of Clara! So cute! It could be in a magazine!

Jamie Wilkinson said...

I see many people have beaten me to the punch on commenting on it, but that picture is gorgeous! Did Angela take it? She's quite the talented photographer, is she available for Lily's first b-day? :)

Autumn said...

We are going to make the 9am session on Saturday. Beka said that it would be fun to get together as well, so if you can't make it, we ought to meet up somewhere with all the kiddos for lunch!....or both!