Friday, July 18, 2008

WOY

The following conversation took place in the Penrod's kitchen at 4:00am:

Jason: What are you doing?!?
Anna: Making you breakfast so I can win Wife of the Year.
Jason: Oh, I thought you were a robber.

That's right, I made muffins for Jason at 4:00am to take fishing. Congratulations to me. Okay, the truth is I actually hadn't gone to bed because I was working. Sadly, the chances of me waking up to do something like this are pretty slim, if there even is a chance. I don't even wake up at 7:00am to make breakfast, let alone 4:00am. So remember these as long as you can...Why I shouldn't cook/bake at 4:00am: I might be mistaken as a robber, cinnamon doesn't come out of the unopened bottle with plastic covering the holes in the lid and saran wrap melts when placed on hot pans.

8 comments:

mommy said...

:) You're funny Anna. But you should stop trying to win the award because I'm already going to get it this year... so next time save yourself the trouble.

At least your husband doesn't run out with a gun if he thinks there's a robber.

Ryan said...

Kathryn will be glad to hear that. Now she can slack off for the rest of the year.

Kami Milliron said...

Wow, I think you might have won ! You are so nice : )

Deb said...

I use to make Ian breakfast and lunch every day before we had kids. Now that I have three kids he can just forget about it.

So I'm curious. How many hours of sleep do you get at night? How do you function during the day? I seriously want to know...When do you sleep?

DeWitts said...

You are mom of the year! When do you ever sleep? You crack me up! you are one person i wouldn't feel bad about calling you early in the morning.

I AM JOE PESCI said...

Yeah, I wanna know too - how do you function?

JLynn said...

anna you are the best cook/little baker. ;) i wouldn't mind if you made me some muffins. i like it when you cook/bake. you make great food and i love being in your company when you cook, b/c that's when we have some of the best conversations. :) you've always been a comfort person in my life... and you make delicious comfort food. see I'm right. :)

Cook Zoo said...

Oh, yum. I'm drooling. Are you also trying for the BSLA? (Best Scout Leader Award?) Because I've tasted your baking, and me want those muffins!

(Now I know where the sleep schedule comments came from on the other blog - can you tell I'm trying to catch up from being on vacation?)