I don't often have polls on my blog, but the event that took place at my home this evening certainly merits one.
You tell me, who do you believe was subject to the highest degree of traumatization this evening?
Anna: Screaming bloody murder because the GIANT toad she went to observe after Ryan's family discovered it as they were walking to their car was jumping, or should I say leaping, straight towards her and she had no where to run to protect her and her baby.
Clara: Screaming hysterically because for no apparent reason, her mother was screaming louder than she'd ever heard her scream before as she held Clara tight.
The Inside Crowd: Opening the front door to see what the commotion was and having the trusty toad invite himself in (at which point he might have morphed from the trusty toad to the toad from you-know-where).
Jason: Picking up the toad to remove him (obviously it's a him, no female thing is that disgusting) from his (Jason's) home, where he (trusty toad) had truly violated more than one 'no trespassing' law. Furthermore, having venom get all over his hand and dripping onto everything below.
Angela: Having to wear flip flops that were beneath the dripping venom trail.
The Toad: Soaring through the air onto the lawn for doing nothing but what he was made to do - hop and secrete venom when threatened.
We're pretty sure the trusty toad is actually a Sonoran Desert Toad. And thank goodness none of us are dogs because apparently their venom kills dogs. Next time this happens, I'll have a jar handy to catch the venom. Some say their venom has caused awesome hallucinations in humans.
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

16 comments:
First of all, the way you described that experience was hilarious ! I truly enjoy reading your Blog for that very reason. Secondly, I think the Toad was probably the most traumatized. He had no idea why everyone was making such a fuss : )
I vote me! Simply because I was picturing myself there and vomiting all over because of it nastiness.
Also I just read your post about your husband being just about done with school. That is the absolute greatest feeling! Dave just finished in May as well and he was in school from the time we were engaged, full time, plus work, plus 3 kids during that time and a 4th pregnancy, plus a total of 7 moves. And there were times he wouldn't come home for like 3 days straight because of studying all night. I hated it, but man, does it ever pay off! Dave still on Saturdays, doesn't know what to do with himself. He will get up for no reason, and walk into the other room, only to turn right back around and come back. He says it's because he needs his mind to some kind of excercising. I am still getting used to my non-zombie husband. I love it!! And am so excited fo you guys!
I know the name of a great psychologist! Holy Cow!!! We only trap them in our garage until they are so dehydrated they die. We've contacted the city about filling in the hole...
Clearly it was me and the venom all over my feet.
Actually, my vote is with Clara or Jason. Ok, Jason. I would have NEVER touched that nasty thing.
I think i was traumatized just reading about the Toad! Haha! This story was hilarious!
Those toads are nasty little creatures. I remember they use be in my backyard after a good rain storm. I wouldn't even go outside because yes, I was a afraid.
we have toads and bunnies here. :) i think they are bull frogs. than there are these ugly prairie dogs that always get run over in the road. they gross me out. then there is also deer and elk right here in the foothills of the rockies. it sounds like the movie Bambi here!! ha, ha! :)
Either Anna or Clara, but probably you Anna because if it was me I would feel the most traumatized.
I vote for whoever cleaned up the nasty mess! HAHA! this reminds me of our little traumatization story from the other day. Aaron had a "Giant Arizona Centipede" crawling up his arm! This thing was HUGE! So crazy! In our story obviously Aaron wins the vote... I had no part in it except watching... but still highly tramatized! :)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
gotta love those little green guys. I really don't mind them, except when they "pee" on you.
Oh boy that is traumatizing! Last summer we had a toad swimming around in our pool. I tried to fish it out with the pool net, but once it jumped up off the net it freaked me out, and I dropped it back into the pool. I left it for Ian to get when he came home. Those suckers can swim fast!
What?! I've never heard of the sonoran desert toad that secretes venom. Great now I'm going to be scared to death of toads. We have a few that live in our back yard and come out at night... maybe I should do some research.
Am I the only one who doesn't mind these things? Mind you, I didn't know about the venom. But for trauma - this is a close call - I'm voting for Angela. I think I would've gone barefoot!
Oh you definitely have the upper hand on the warranted freak out moment. Having been attacked by unwanted home invaders myself, I COMPLETELY understand the panic you must have felt. And I'm sure yours was times 10 since you had a baby to protect!!
You're all wimps. HA HA!! We have these critters all over our yard. They're cool! And like you said, their venom makes for some great hallucinogens and you can sell the toad on the internet for a load of money (although that might constitute selling drugs/intent to sell and perhaps drug smuggling?).
Seriously . . . it's a frog! Just think "Kermit" the next time you see one.
Post a Comment