Sunday, July 27, 2008

Remembering When

I love memories. I love to make them, record them and remember them. Here's a few pictures to help me remember when...

Clara made beautiful messes (she loves pulling things off the counters)Clara thought she was so funny wearing her necklace like this
Clara would wrap her arm around my neck when I picked her up
Clara climbed into this container. Notice her face... she loves to test Jason and me and this is the face she gets when she does it. She knew she shouldn't rock back and forth, but she did it, going further and further each time, waiting to see what I would do. All the while having this little smirk on her face.
Things involved so much drama. Cleaning up spilled milk required Clara to lay across the floor and being ever so slow in cleaning the milk up.
Asking Clara not to stick her fingers in her ears like this resulted in a screaming fit. Telling her repeatedly to get her fingers out of her ears only produced this dumb-founded stare.I also think it is fun to reflect on the past and think of random forgotten things in life. Such as... 20 cent stamps, light brown M&M's, "brick" cell phones and Arizona only having one area code.
Friday night we went to Joe's Farm Grill with my family to celebrate Clint's birthday. Yes, we do love Clint so much we've celebrated his birthday over and over and over. Before we even ate the food, I decided I loved the place. The grounds of the restaurant are beautiful. There is a farm across the street and grass, plants, flowers and trees galore. I just loved it. Turns out the food is pretty darn good too. I can only imagine what these types of pictures will look like in 40 years, when Clint, as a grandpa, makes strange, unpleasant faces when I take pictures.
Of course, as we were leaving there was another beautiful Arizona sunset. I told Jason to turn around so I could get a picture of them with the beautiful sky. Angela humbly told me she needed to be in it to make it more beautiful.

9 comments:

angela hardison said...

As the first picture of me (us together) evidences, I clearly do not make pictures more beautiful...despite what I claimed for being in that last photo.

But, atleast I don't make horrible faces in every picture like my husband does. Right?

My World said...

I love randomness...and it suits you!!

Lisa said...

Clara is growing up so fast! Those pictures are so cute of her. I love the one of her in the container. We went to Joe's Farm Grill last week for the first time, it was delicious! (That was before Travis broke his arm of course!)

Deb said...

Ah, sweet little Clara. She's such a pretty little thing. You better watch out when she gets older.

Anna's thing:sunsets

Donna's thing: toes

Who else has a "thing"?

Cook Zoo said...

I love that you take time to record all those little details. I really need to be better about that. The best one was recording the way Clara puts her little arm around you when you pick her up. So precious.

I AM JOE PESCI said...

ok, where is this Joe's Farm Grill place?

Beka said...

yes, i love that place, its right across from Carries neighborhood, but its too hot for me to enjoy outside right now...cant wait till it cools down....cookie party this week? rachel even asked about it! how is clara doing? she looks back to normal! B. is now on antibiotics, so he should be safe soon! let me know!

mommy said...

Your pictures of Clara always turn out so cute!

angela hardison said...

I just posted some pictures of your kid...because she's awesome and amazingly cute.