Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Par-tay

Last night we were invited to an exclusive party. Okay, maybe it was open to the public. Angela and Clint came over, we went to Sonic and then off to the Loop 202 for the party. The final stretch (University to Power) opens this weekend so ADOT threw a party for all to come have fun. The white lines are 10 feet long. They don't look that long driving or walking past. So I decided to put things into perspective and volunteer Angela to lie next to it. She deferred the obligation to Clint. Even better, he's 6'4" (I think).
Now this picture isn't that great. But it has a funny story behind it. As Clint was walking towards this wall, I was taking pictures and kind of laughing. One of the vendors taking his table down seemed to think initially I was going to take a picture of him. I said sorry, I'm taking a picture of him (motioning towards Clint) and kind of laughed. The guy asked if I knew him. I confessed. Then he asked me if I liked him. What? I was like um, he's my little sister's husband (maybe he didn't realize I was married with a kid?) so I hope I don't like him like that!
I'm pretty sure Clint took this random picture. I like the angle and I like that you can see the Brown Rd. sign so we always remember what part of the freeway we were on.
Hard hat family
This picture is cool for two reasons. One, the speed limit signs are HUGE. Two, I can't get over how much the sign is glowing from my flash. Of course Clint described it well when he commented on it being a speed limit sign from Heaven.
Clint glares, Angela smirks
Angela longs for the day she gets to use an outhouse
There were several low-flying helicopters during our short stay. Clara was sure to point excitedly at every one.
Maybe there are too many family pictures in this post... oh well.
Clara's cheeks get so rosy when she's hot.
Waldo even was at the party
Hmmmm...
Afterwards I noticed Clint's legs in the front seat of my car. Obviously he wasn't real comfortable. Whoops!

10 comments:

I AM JOE PESCI said...

It'll be opened for my big return!!

JLynn said...

i don't want to sound mean or rude... BUT it looks like in that one picture that Jason is wearing Clara's hard hat and she is wearing his. :) I wish I could have been at the freeway party. Seriously, how many freeways have parties? how many NEW freeways do you get to have a party on in your lifetime? how many freeways do you get to have a party on when they are BRAND new??? when clara is all grown up, you'll have these pictures to show her.... remember when that freeway was BRAND NEW and we took you to it's party??? :)

DeWitts said...

Looks like a fun freeway party! Cute pics!

Kami Milliron said...

You're such a cute, fun little Family !

Ashley Harris said...

I'm so excited for this freeway I can hardly stand it! We almost went to the party and now I wish we had, it looks like fun!

Oh, and I have to thank you for the beautiful shimmer lotion!! I love it and it makes my pasty skin look just a bit less pasty. Thanks so much!

Deb said...

That's it. We are officially the stick-in-the-mud family. We almost went to the party too, but then decided against it. Now I wish we would have gone. We're soooo excited for the freeway to open.

That speed limit sign picture is AWESOME.

Trent & Lindz said...

It looks like you guys had fun! Trent tells me that those round abouts are going to be retarded. I'm anxious to see them. Oh and unemployment sounds great. How do I go about signing up for that?

Bekah: said...

sounds so exclusive. im shocked it is acutally finished. when we moved it was just getting started!

i enjoyed your post about giving a talk. it was really sweet. you are kind to volunteer and be happy for the opportunity.

mommy said...

No such thing as too many family pictures if your family is that cute!

What kind of a guy asks a grown woman if she "likes" someone? Do you look like you're 12? Weirdo.

Cook Zoo said...

I'm so glad you posted pictures of this!! We wanted to go but were out of town. And I agree that you can't have too many pictures. It is your blog afterall! (Course, look who's talking...)