I was feeling at my limit this week trying to get lots of work done (naturally, with accounting, I am in the midst of several urgent to do lists at the same times of the year with different clients), having network and e-mail issues with the lady I work with (three days in a row), taking care of my sick baby, grocery shopping, cooking, cleaning (ALL of it by myself; no further comment on that, though), laundry, dishes, etc. You know what it takes to run a house alone... And then I got sick. Blah. That's what I have to say to the sick bug that interrupted my already busy week, BLAH BLAH! I considered releasing my five top reasons I hate to be sick, but then I realized, it's not all that bad. In fact, for me, it's probably good. So here are five reasons it's good for me to get sick (every now and then):
1. Instead of being a slacker, not working and feeling guilty, I feel justified in working a little less and don't feel the guilt.
2. I learn to really appreciate the strong and generally healthy body I've been blessed with.
3. It helps me realize all the things I do accomplish on a daily basis even when I feel like I've done nothing.
4. I have a good excuse if I can't get a client's stuff done on time.
5. Laying on the couch and watching TV doesn't feel like a sin and a total waste of time. Okay, it feels like a waste of time, but I don't feel as guilty wasting my time.
Friday, July 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Oh poor girl! Both you and the Clara are sick at the same time, thats the worst! Take it easy your always so busy. I really don't know how you do it.
You really should let SOMEONE bring you dinner.
I think if you sit still for 5 minutes you think you're a slacker. ;) I hope you get better soon! And is school out for Jason now?
You're such a positive person ! I have been so sick for the last two weeks with this pregnancy and all I can think is " what the heck was I thinking, why did I want to go through 9 months of this again " I think this is why the Lord blessed us with forgetfulness. Had I remember how crappy I felt with my last pregnancy, I am not sure I would have done it again !
I hope you feel better : )
Man that sick bug is really going around right now. We're recovering from it this last week. I came to church last Sunday minus the family because all three kids were home with a terrible cold. June actually got rosiola. That was a fun week. Two nights in a row I was up until 3 a.m. with a crying baby. I'm glad it's over.
wait. . . are you pregnant?
Post a Comment