Saturday, July 5, 2008

Celebrating

Last year we were in Silverton, CO for the 4th (oh, I mean Independence Day) and it was AWESOME. So, I didn't really have high expectations for this year. To my pleasant surprise, I had a good day and a wonderful time celebrating with my family.

When I realized Jason would have the 4th off, I talked him into spending the day cleaning with me. My house is a disaster (mostly because we have too much stuff and not enough space) and although I doubt my house could ever be clean enough, I still wanted to attempt it. We got a late start because Jason went riding, but we made quite a bit of progress. The biggest problem area, our bedroom, barely got touched before we had to leave, but hey, progress is progress. I was standing on this chair to wipe the top of the fridge off and afterwards Clara climbed on to it and was being awfully cute as she ate her graham cracker.
For the evening, we went to Ryan and Kathryn's to eat, swim and watch the fireworks. The celebration continued into the wee hours of the night as we watched a movie and laughed at Clint and Ryan's random comments. Here are some of the things I enjoyed during this time...

The mysterious and fascinating object on a raspberry. Mold or eggs? Mold is usually fury and although eggs is absolutely disgusting, it looked seriously cool.
Taking pictures under water (Pictures are being held hostage by Kathryn, and rightfully so, until I fork over pictures I have for her. Some are nearly five years old. I'm just OCD and I don't want to give them to her until I'm absolutely sure every single picture that she would want is on the CD. By the time that happens, there are more pictures to add.)

Family time (and patriotic too)
Toe shoes for "Just in case only your big toe gets cold" --Clint
Glow sticks, which are highly fascinating to me.
Blue snow cones
Beautiful people
Errors (Look beyond Clint's expression showing his determination to figure out the captivating factor in that toy and Ryan and Jason's serious faces to see what I'm referring to here).
Stories of the little fire elves that don't like you knocking on the fireplace screen. Check out Clara's reaction.
Watching an amazing firework show while comfortable and staying cool (Weird, somehow the NBC logo appeared in my picture :)).

9 comments:

JLynn said...

anna, glad you had a good 4th!!! i've never seen that kind of fungus on a raspberry before. I agree it's pretty cool looking. glad we got to enjoy the same firework show!!!! :) it was great, huh?!!

The Gotzingers said...

Ok... call me weird but that picture of the raspberry gives me the eebbee-jeebees!! EWWWW!!!!

How in the world did you get your camera to take such a close up?? Ok... I totally want your camera now. :o)

Deb said...

That rasberry picture is pretty disgusting. Did any of the men dare each other to eat it for money? -That just sounds like something a guy would do.

mommy said...

That raspberry is SICK. And the banner is hilarious, I love it when I find spelling errors on "professionally" made items (and also on billboards, especially school billboards). Ask Clint where I can get myself some shoes like that, because my big toe is always colder than the rest of them.

angela hardison said...

The raspberry thing = absolutely disgusting. I almost couldn't eat my freshly bought raspberries yesterday when I thought about it.

And I feel pretty special that the caption for my picture just says "Beautiful people"...haha, you're too nice. Good thing you don't have those underwater photos we took of me to disprove any trace of beauty :)

DeWitts said...

Looks like you had a great 4th of july weekend! I agree with everybody else on the rasberry is disgusting!

Julie said...

Nice firework show--Was anyone else totally bummed that the mega-churches didn't do their shows this year?

Jamie Wilkinson said...

Clara is so adorable. I love the picture of her on the chair! She's such a cupcake, I love it.

Cook Zoo said...

Gee, I guess I'm one of the weird ones that thinks the raspberry picture is cool.

I can totally relate to the "too much stuff and too little space" thing. I'm constantly fighting that battle.

Isn't it supposed to be UnitEd we stand? ;)

Me want: glow sticks, toe shoes, and fire elves.