Saturday, May 3, 2008

Thinking

I've been meaning to go to bed for the last hour or so. But, I'm having too much fun thinking about random thoughts. Like, am I the only one who's self-esteem has a direct relationship to the number of blog comments? Or, do people get bored with my journal-type blog? Should I take the time to run two: one that is more of a "this is what I did" and one that is "this is what I think". And, golly gee, I'm tired, but so much effort will be required to get ready for bed and move the pile of junk and the pile of clothes from the bed. By that time, I'll be wide awake again. But my last thought that encouraged me to actually post my thoughts was one regarding pregnancy.

I've often said I was so glad I didn't get pregnant right away because it would've been horrible to subject Jason to me as pregnant. I wouldn't say I'm particularly hormonal, but I was always tired, a wee bit sick and obviously got rather large and swollen. As attractive as it sounds, it's not. None of it. Plus, I was totally boring. However, I've been having second thoughts about that thinking maybe it's actually strategic. If you get pregnant soon after you get married, your husband is still willing to do anything you wish. Even more so, they will go out of their way to make you comfortable and happy instead of ignoring your complaining and distancing themselves from you so they don't have to deal with it, as if they had no part in the whole process. You know how certain things become less important to them as time goes on? All I'm saying is maybe there's a little more sympathy available for sharing sooner after marriage than later.

13 comments:

Kami Milliron said...

I think it's great that you have a Blog that you post your thoughts on ! I think it would be different if they were boring thoughts and had no point, but they're always entertaining and sometimes educational : ) I like to share my experiences as a wife and mother because I know a lot of my friends are new wives and moms and they can learn from my experiences, just like I have learned from others experiences. So I say keep it up !

Oh and your thoughts on pregnancy got me thinking too. Maybe I will post some of my deep thoughs : )

DeWitts said...

Anna i love your blog! I love reading whats been going on in your life and whats on your mind. Your blog makes me stop and think about things. I loved your thought on pregnancy i think you have a good point.

Miller Family said...

Anna,
You are so funny. I love to read your thoughts and perceptions about things. You are not crazy. But I do think you are right on with your thinking about marriage and pregnancy. I asked Nick to go buy me a hamburger and fries the other night (around 11:30) and he totally refused saying he was too tired! Silly man...doesn't he know he's supposed to do whatever I want right now? It probably would be a little different if we were newlyweds. :) By the way, thanks for your advice on fixing my highchair issues with not being able to pull Brooklyn close to the table, but it still didn't work. I may need to go to a booster type seat soon...

Rhiannon said...

I'm sure don't want to hear how wonderful you are and that your thoughts that you post are great! But they are. I feel pretty much that my life is boring and no one really cares if my kids drove me crazy today. But I feel that writing my blog post is therapy, so that I don't harm them :)
Cheer Up ANNA!

Candice said...

Stephen and I have had that same conversation so many times. The one where we talk about how glad we are that I didn't get pregnant for a while after we got married. Here is how it would be: Honeymoon baby, so I would be deathly sick within 3-4 weeks after getting married. Throwing up several times a day, can't work, struggle through school, can't cook or clean house. So far the man has wondered why he got married, much less why he's married this sick whiney girl. I don't want to be intimate, and sex is the last thing on my mind. And we aren't even out of the first trimester yet! The story could go on and on....but I won't bore you. There is a reason why everyone tells you to wait at least a year.

angela hardison said...

Such deep thoughts Anna :)

Good thing Clint & I are taking our time on the child thing. Cause we all know he already has enough of me to deal with. In fact, today he said "Do you look at everything and only see what's wrong with it?" Ummm...

Brenden+Nikki said...

Anna I totally get depressed if only 3 people comment on my blog post. I'm so glad to hear that someone else has the same concerns because I was beginning to think my life revolves around blogging :) ha ha that would be your fault since I didn't even know these things existed until you told me :).

Since we don't have kids yet, I'm not sure I can contribute to the pregnancy discussion....but I would still have to say that I'm glad we're waiting until Brenden has finished school. I wish I could say that I'm superwoman and that I could do it, but with Brenden practically living at ASU, I don't think I could do it. I'd be like a single mom.

Bekah: said...

me too, i love your blog. i like how candid you are and you call it how it is. i always love that about people! your prego thoughts cracked me up. as for me pregnancy does not bring out the best in me either. i dont think its fun to have a sick wife....

Candice said...

Anna how do you get your main picture at the top of your blog so big? I'm brand new at blogging and need some advice. Look at my blog, I can't get the picture any bigger. Help!

Jen & Blake said...

Let me join the club! I love reading about your thoughts and learning from them, agreeing with them and then laughing with you! I miss seeing you in person and so this is a great way to see what's going on. I think it's great therapy:)
And I think you definately have a point with the whole pregnancy thing, don't say anything but #2 isn't as nice as far as simpathy & making you comfortable:~

Unknown said...

I think your blog should be whatever you want it to be! After all, it is a record for you to keep! I always know there will be something new on your blog and love to check it out!
p.s. are you pregnant or what?! haha! :)

mad white woman said...

to brittney & all other curious spectators: no, i'm not pregnant. i was just reading about someone who got pregnant very soon after getting married so my thoughts started rolling.

Julie said...

Anna, I just wanted to bump up your self esteem a little more by adding one more number to your comment total. :) That was great!! (and maybe a little too true for us all).