Thursday, May 1, 2008

Rewind

Back up until Sunday... when we had a little going away party/baby shower for Aaron, Kiri and Adalyn. Why anyone would want to move away from us is beyond me, but I guess they have to do what's best for their family. We had fantastic food (what did people serve at parties before the lovely Cafe Rio/Costa Vida salad was introduced??) and a good time visiting. We also celebrated Doug's birthday. It's always hard to try and celebrate so many things at once. By the end, we were joking about what else we should celebrate that night.

Angela arrived with a sticker on her back, placed there by her dear, sweet husband. She noticed it and then it became totally funny about finding a way to get it stuck back to her. Each time, she had no clue it was there. The last time we got it stuck on there, Clint took a ton of pictures and couldn't get a shot of it. So finally, he held her down while I snapped a picture. It was funny. I know Angela was thinking, why does everyone hate me because I'm beautiful?? Well, that's just how life works Angela. :) We have to deal with being ugly, so you have to deal with teasing. Oh, and we don't hate you, so next time, remember to ask, why does everyone tease me because I'm beautiful?
Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday was work, work work. I didn't wake up on Monday morning at 4am like I planned. Wait, I did wake up, at 4am and every ten minutes thereafter until I got out of bed at 615am. In my life, there is a serious distinction between when I wake up and when I get out of bed. They certainly aren't always one in the same. I was up late Monday, fell asleep and fortunately woke up at 630am so I had some time before Clara woke up. One of my clients is in the middle of a review, which isn't near as intense as an audit, but it is still a little odd being on the other end. Especially since I wasn't around for all of 2007.

For Scouts on Wednesday we joined another Ward and went to the Falcon Field police station where MPD has their aviation department. One of the helicopter pilots talked to us then showed us the helicopters. It was totally awesome. I could've spent the entire afternoon asking questions, but I tried to let the boys have the time. At the very beginning, we watched a video of the aviation guys in action and it was pretty cool. I really do appreciate all the police men out there. It's pretty awesome what they're able to do and what they do do to keep us all safe. The only bad thing about the trip was my camera taking pictures like this.
So no pictures of my little goose in front of the airplane, well other than that one...

My camera did this for a few pictures in California, but then was better. This time, it lasted for much longer and I couldn't get it to go away. I guess it's time to buy a new camera. The only problem is I want a Canon 40D but we don't exactly have the money for that now. I did decide I'm sick of not being able to spend money so I said we'd spend all of our economic stimulus refund on this camera, but I don't know if that's what we should do. On other hand, I don't want to spend a few hundred dollars on a cheap camera I plan on replacing soon. Having two cameras (a big and small) is wasteful in my opinion but necessary in Jason's. Any advice? All I know is I love digital cameras and can't imagine life without one. :)

This morning we went to the Zoo with my mom and the twins. We went when it opened and I loved it because the animals seemed so much more active. The tiger jumped up in the tree and walked along the branches even. It was pretty neat. After a short debate on whether it was a good idea to let the kids play in the water, we decided yes. The only problem is they were kind of afraid of it. Clara liked it the most, but she'd run out when it was off, then get scared and run towards the edge when the water began to squirt.
Clara decided riding in the stroller backwards was better. That's funny because I swear she hates shopping carts because she's not facing the other direction. To clarify about Clara's "potty training". Three or so weeks ago, Clara told me she needed to go potty. Since then she's been going in the potty quite a bit but I still put diapers on her and I'm not really trying to potty train her. Mostly, she's done everything up to this point by herself and I've helped only a little. She did so good in California and almost never went in her diaper. At home, it's a different story. The day she was in panties was the first time ever and she had them on for like 2 hours max just for fun. While I get frustrated because I know she knows how to do it, I'm not pushing the issue because she is plenty young for me to just wait a bit. She knows what to do, but I think at home it's no longer exciting so she doesn't bother trying. Good thing she's still sweet!Anyway...

I love this baby. She has decided she will smile more for the camera now instead of stare. I love taking tons of pictures and seeing her different expressions in each one.
I'm looking forward to a relaxing weekend. Jason won't have to work Saturday, I've been diligent in working this week so I won't feel too much obligation to be up late working and other than a Ward party Saturday night, we don't have much going on.

4 comments:

DeWitts said...

You're always having so much fun! Clara is so dang cute and so smart. I can't believe she's been going on the potty at her age and telling you that she needs to go.

mommy said...

You shouldn't ask me about what to do with your stimulus check because you know what I will say... I'm like the little accountant angel sitting on your shoulder. So, you're on your own for that decision! ;)

Clara is so cute... we are going to miss her!

angela hardison said...

I guess I'm just an easy person to tease...

I think Clara wants to come visit me.

I AM JOE PESCI said...

Anna - you just plain rock. I am loving your blog!

And thank you, thank you, thank you for dinner the other night. It was the most delicious dinner we have had in a seriously long time. I'll get sick every day if it means you'll bring me fantastic food like that.