Friday, May 30, 2008

FOF

Five things that made me laugh this week:

1. Clara's new behavior: tyrant. Sometimes I get frustrated but mostly I have to try so hard not to let her see me laughing. She knows when she's doing something wrong so she'll duck below the top of her booster chair and if I pick her up, she goes limp and lets her head fall back.

2. Yellow lemons. For Scouts I did the "Memory Tray" game. Put objects on a tray, let participants observe for a minute and then they write down everything they remember. One Scout wrote "black lemon". That would be the avocado... HA! I love how creative kids are and that because they didn't know what something is, they described what it looked like. And it was pretty darn acurate!

3. Neglecting work (at the time of neglect because in the days following, I cry instead of laugh). For some reason, when I work a lot on a certain client (my favorite, of course), I have no desire to touch the other things I have to do. I'm going to regret it today when I don't have things done for my boss and my clients, but we'll all get over it after a nice weekend. :) At the same time, I've enjoyed spending more time with Clara and making a dent in my disgusting room/office strewn with files and files and files and things that need to be filed.

4. The Office. I don't really watch TV but Genny let me borrow Season 3 on DVD and as I've been attempting to get some organization in my room I've had it playing. There are so many one liners in there that literally make me laugh out loud. I love the sense of humor.

5. Gas prices. Maybe they don't make me laugh in a happy and light way, more of a disgusted, nervous way, but I laugh nonetheless. And along with this... something that is interesting is when people say rising gas prices are a result of higher prices of a barrel of crude oil. That's true to a point, but by finding historical prices for a gallon of gas and a barrel of crude oil, I calculate that the price of gas has gone up 175% while crude oil is up 440% since September 2003. If gas had gone up at the same rate crude oil did, it'd be over $7.50 a gallon. Obviously my simple analysis doesn't take in to consideration inflation, but hey, maybe $4 a gallon really isn't so bad (ha ha, laugh some more).

4 comments:

Deb said...

Those were very funny. Thank you for making me laugh. (I don't know why, but it's funny to me that you were watching the office while cleaning your office.) I've been trying to clean my office all week as well, but keep putting it off. I am half way through and my goal is to finish today. We'll see if it actually happens though.

So I should have tagged you for the 11 question picture thing. Is it to late? I'd love to learn a little more about Anna.

DeWitts said...

I love the office too. I hardly get to watch it but when i do i laught the whole time. I love reading your FOF!

I AM JOE PESCI said...

You amaze me. You actually do math.

Kami Milliron said...

I love your Friday posts !

I love that Clara hides from you when she's in trouble. That's something Douglas is notorious for. But he isn't so subtle. He runs as fast as he can into his room, slams his door and then shuts himself in his closet. So I have time to get the giggles out before I open his door and become the mean Mom !

I hate rising gas prices, it's ridiculous. But I do agree that it could be worse !