Thursday, May 29, 2008

Secret Recipe

A few of you wanted the "recipe" for the donuts. Well, there isn't really one. You just take the refrigerator biscuits (I've even used the little cheap ones), cut the center out (using a cookie cutter or a water bottle lid) and then fry them in a pan of oil. The holes are good too. For the frosting, just combine powdered sugar, milk and butter like you would for a frosting. I like mine thin so it's more like a glaze. Kathryn introduced our family to these a year or so ago and I'm still a little angry at the world that it took that long to learn such a trick. It's the easiest fat-free, low calorie treat I've ever made. :)

4 comments:

Amy from Our Dish said...

One from the peanut gallery: these are also yummy just dusted in powdered sugar, or cinnamon/sugar. MMMMMMMMM!

Julie said...

Okay, I've wanted to know how to make donuts for so long! I thought I would be laboring all day in the kitchen. I'm totally going to try that.

Deb said...

Yuh-um! I think I'll have Ian run to Basha's real quick. I know what I want for breakfast.

Cook Zoo said...

Score! I love easy recipes like this! I can't wait to try it.