Friday, April 18, 2008

Shopping, Today & FOF

On Wednesday night, I completed my lazy day (I refused to work all day except the few things I absolutely had to) by shopping with Beka. I picked her up and we went to Chandler FS because they have a big GAP. I wanted a swim suit for Clara and knew they had some on sale for $10. Well, the one I found had a $3.97 tag on it and Beka asked about it at the register. I told her I was pretty sure it was $9.99 and that the tag was from something else. The girl at the register said, "If it has that tag on it, I have to honor it." I told her it was probably just from something else so it was okay and she repeated her statement. So I feel pretty proud of my wonderful deal. I also found some cute shoes that aren't PINK for Clara. I love pink, but every pair of shoes she owns is pink, except her brown ones that have pink flowers. So when she grows a size bigger, she'll have some options. I found a few more things and then we went to Ross and then to In-N-Out. Yeah, I really needed a cheeseburger and fries at 10pm. Oh, it was good.

On my way home I had to stop and get gas... and it was $39.75 and no, I don't put high octane in. I have always had a car with a 12 gallonish tank (I say gallonish because my current tank is over 12 gallons but I've put more than that in it) and I remember when I could fill my tank for just over $10. I hated when it cost at least $20 to fill up and then I about died the first time it was over $30 (which wasn't that long ago). The next time I get gas, it will probably be over $40. That's lame.

Last night was Pack Meeting and it went pretty good. My boys did a skit and I was so proud of them. I don't have any fake flowers in my house so I made some and had so much fun doing it (minus Clara being whiney and clingy). Why are paper flowers so cool looking?
I've decided a sick baby and no husband make me crazy. Even if I wasn't busy with work, I'd still be crazy, so I can't blame it on being busy. Clara's had a fever and she seemed much better today. We went to lunch with Karen, Lori and one of their co-workers at Oregano's and Clara was out of control. She was mostly good, until they brought the bill and then she apparently could handle it no more. I decided to call Jason since we were right by ASU so we met him and he got to see Clara for a little bit. It was Clara's first ASU visit.
I'm pretty sure this could be a milk advertisement.
Driving past ASU made me miss school. I loved going to school (maybe I wouldn't have said that the night before a test I was cramming for) but I really enjoyed the atmosphere, the challenges and the learning. Maybe someday I'll go back. Probably not for a graduate degree but I'd like to take classes here and there.

Anyway, coming home Clara whined/cried most of the way. She fell asleep but would cry every time she coughed. Then, she cried for over an hour before she finally went to sleep. She didn't want me to touch her, but screamed (louder) if I set her down. I get so frustrated not knowing what is wrong but knowing clearly, something is wrong. I'm hoping it was just a combination of being sick and overly tired. We'll see when she wakes up from her nap (she's been sleeping for a few hours, so that is good).

Since Friday wouldn't be Friday without our FOF's, here we go...

Clara

1. Shoes, big or small, old or new (Kathryn donated a pair of shoes that are a healthy size too big but Clara walked all over the house with them on. When I took them off, she put one of them in her bag to drag around). These are the shoes I got on Wednesday.
2. Slides
3. Her dollies, or anything else she can hug
4. Cheerios (this thing was totally stuck on her pj's, I had to pick it off in pieces)
5. The car, if she gets to be in the driver's seat. The last time I vaccuumed out my car, I let her play around in front and now everytime I open my door to unlock the doors, she tries to get in and gets mad when I make her walk to the back door.
6. French fries (I know, I'm breaking all the rules, but I forgot about this picture last week too).
Anna

1. Good salads. I love food and I really love a good salad. Especially when I have everything I need for one and don't have to go to the store.
2. The wonderful, wonderful weather we're enjoying right now.

3. Clara sagging. Her poor little waist. These pants are 12-18 months and the buckles slip too easily so she sags as she walks. It makes her look like a midget.
4. Overcoming temptation to be lazy and working almost the entire time Clara was taking a nap.
5. Getting to eat pizza twice in one day. I love pizza, but have only realized that in the last year or so.

PS Karen gave me her old phone and I was dreading having to go to the Verizon store. I went online to look at new phones and realized you can activate a phone online. Wahoo! So I have a working phone again and I got it quick, easy and free. I still don't have any old numbers though, and don't know if I'll be able to get them.

3 comments:

The Blakes said...

Love the green shoes and the $3.97 swim suit! Reading your post made me crave a trip to Chandler mall. I'm lucky if I get to Target these days!

TEN said...

I love all of Clara's different facial expressions in the pictures. She is just so adorable.
And of course her awesome pants.

JLynn said...

anna, i'm glad you got a good deal at baby gap. the $3.97, $4.97, $1.97 are the baby gap deals i can ALWAYS find here. that's the only reason pretty much all of cache's clothes are baby gap. i can't stand paying more than 10 bucks for something he wears.

i missed you since i didn't have a computer this week and i couldn't see your blog! :) i had so much fun visiting with you, i gotta visit more often! sounds like you and bek had such a fun girls night, wish i was there with you guys!!

i LOVE that picture with Clara and her dollies. She is just too precious anna. I adore her so much. She is so darling and sweet. I hope she feels better.