Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Relief

Clara and I went to meet with Lamar Monday morning. We went to the bank with him and then he took us out to lunch. He lives right across from a Qdoba's and that made me HAPPY! I haven't eaten there since I worked downtown and I only recently found out about another one so I was pleased to find out about this one too! Lamar is so funny with Clara. Other than the time he scared her, she loved playing with him.

We stopped by KS on the way home and my first bit of relief was delivered: I wasn't expected to have the full-fledged return done by today, just enough to know how much to pay with the extension. We went home and worked the day away. I was in the middle of doing something when Clara woke up from her nap so I gave her my phone to look at while she sat on my lap so she wouldn't want to grab the mouse and keyboard. Two seconds later, she decapitated my phone. I had no idea it was only connected by a thin data strip that was easily ripped in half. She wasn't even being rough with it, she just opened it. Either it was perfect timing or horrible timing. Perfect because I had so many things to do and no one could get ahold of me or horrible because I had so many things to do and I couldn't get ahold of anyone. Since I do have my work phone, I decided it was perfect timing. I secrectly liked not being able to be contacted. So if you called, I wasn't ignoring you. It seems as though I can get a free phone if I sign a new 2-year contract, which is what I'd have to do when my phone credit comes up in six months, right? So why not do it now? In the meantime, Karen has offered me her old phone, but I won't get it until Thursday night. I'm sure some of you can't wait that long to talk to me, so just e-mail me.

I met with two of my clients, gave instructions on how/what to file and was up late working on payroll. We're switching back to QB and I decided it'd be good to do at the end of the 1st quarter. Woops, I forgot that would mean doing it during crazy tax time. But we survived and everyone got paid on time.

This morning I called my mom for help. She came to get Clara and for the first time since Clara was born, I was alone in our house. It wasn't exciting as I thought it'd be, but that's probably because I was scrambling to finalize payroll and prep extensions. Grand totals: 8 individual returns, 2 individual extensions, 1 partnership return, 3 partnership extensions, 1 corporation extension, 2 individual extensions and 2 S-corp extensions. Mind you, all of these should be multiplied by 2 since there was one for fed and one for state. That's the most I've ever done and for the first time in my four year accounting career, I finally appreciate the relief felt at the close of April 15th. I will only begin thinking about working tomorrow and have enjoyed not worrying about it tonight. I went and got Clara after I finished up at KS and just sat at my mom's for a bit. I am so far behind on everything from focusing only on taxes the last week. I can't walk in my room without stepping on things, I have no clean clothes and you can't tell what color my kitchen counters are or my table. Hopefully I can be productive tomorrow and feel a little more organized. For now, I'm just enjoying not feeling stressed. :)

4 comments:

Brenden+Nikki said...

Yikes I feel ya Anna! Sounds like month end at work for me! Hopefully it will all be over for you soon because that's no fun!

Trent & Lindz said...

It has to feel so good to have this busy season behind you! Soon your whole family will have more time for each other with graduation around the corner! So exciting! We are going to be in town this weekend but Trents brother and his wife are coming to visit from Virgina and so I think we're gonna be catching up with them. Sounds so fun though! We'll have to get together again another time soon :)

Kami Milliron said...

Thanks for your nice comment ! Sorry your Phone broke so easily. Either it was put together by a really lazy employee or your Daughter is really strong !

Trent & Lindz said...

Ok that makes more sence. Ya I'm pretty sure we're going to be here. That'd be fun!