Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Firsts

Clara's first bloody lip last night from falling in the tub was good preparation for me and future injuries. Clara cried, there was lots of blood, I was calm and an otter pop saved the day. I figured Clara really wouldn't want me to hold an ice pack on her face so I let her eat an otter pop. It was cut on the outside and the inside and it makes me cringe thinking about it, but it wasn't that bad. Mouths bleed a lot and it wasn't swollen today but she keeps licking it.

Clara had her first accident today since she began potty training herself. How, you curiously wonder, could a child in a diaper have an accident? While at KS Clara needed to go, so I put her on the toilet and thought I'd watch from behind. It was a great idea until I felt something splash on my foot and I realized her potty was going in the toilet, but also down her leg, on the floor and soaking into her shorts. Awesome. She's been pantless since. Poor Clara, her first potty on her clothes was mother-inflicted.

2 comments:

Kami Milliron said...

I am so impressed she's potty training already ! What a smart little Girl : )

I remember when Douglas had his first accident, it was actually just like a year ago. I freaked out because his lip was bleeding really bad and I yelled for my Husband because I had no idea what to do. Well, my wonderful and very calm husband walked into the room and gave Douglas some cold water to drink. He was totally fine after that and the bleeding stopped. I felt so dumb because I was about ready to rush him to the hospital !

Justin & Carli said...

Crazy. I am not looking forward to the day when I have to deal with blood. Good job on the potty training already!