As my punishment for not declaring my five on Friday, it has defaulted to six on Saturday... I have been pleasantly busy this last week, meaning busy, but not so busy I'm exhausted. I took it easy on work and it was certainly a much desirable way to go. Not realistic, but desirable. Thursday I made some bows for Suzanne's shower that was later that night. The shower was fun and Clara loved all the soda Grandma Melzer gave her ("Anna, I'm sorry, but she just wants this really bad" definitely a Grandma comment) and the treats she begged from everyone else. Friday night was Ward Temple Night and I really wanted to go. My mom couldn't babysit the whole time and Angela wasn't going to get home from work early enough, so we dropped Clara off at my mom's and Angela picked her up on her way home from work. Oh how grateful I am for people who'll sacrafice Friday nights for the poor. Then, Jason's parents stayed with us last night and we were up until about one visiting with them. I don't think they've stayed with us since before Clara was born and if they don't, we never get to visit much with them.
Without further procrastination... mine and Clara's six happy/funny things for the week:
1. The 10 cent Box Tops coupon on my $35 box of diapers. When I first saw it, I assumed it'd be more since it wasn't a $1 tube of biscuits, but no, 10 cents it was.
2. Jason sitting and watching YouTube videos with his parents on the loveseat. Funny that Jason's parents had all these videos they wanted to show him and funny that they squished on the couch together. How sweet. Okay, I also took a picture of Jason's dad in his "sleeping gear" but I don't think he wanted me to put it on my blog. That's really what number two was... it was funny. He has sleep apnea and has to wear this mask thing that has a tube forcing air into his mouth. It looks like an elephant mask to me. I don't know if I could ever get used to that thing!

3. Jason's dad coming to fix our wall... A few months ago I was in our room and from the bathroom Jason says, "Oh, I forgot to tell you..." He had accidentally ripped the towel rack completely off the wall, so there was a big hole in the sheetrock. Luckily, his dad is in construction and kindly fixed it for us this morning.

4. Microwave S'mores. Oh my... why didn't I think of this sooner? Earlier this week I was needing a treat and noticed marshmallows, chocolate chips and graham crackers all within the same vicinity. I tried to get Jason to cook the marshmallows on the stove with me, but he would have none of that childishness. So I put some marshmallows on a graham cracker and cooked it for about 10 seconds and then 10 more (next time, I just did 17 seconds all at once). Then I pressed chocolate chips into the marshmallows and cooked for another 10 seconds. YUMMY!! It make the graham cracker a little softer so it didn't crack all over the place when you bit into it. I've eaten at least a dozen of these this past week and will surely eat a dozen more in the next week. So good!

5. Jason putting on Clara's tights... no further explanation needed.

6. Goose. Before the shower on Thursday, I tried to get some pictures of her because I haven't taken "professional" pictures (courtesy of Ryan since Penny's was a joke) of her for her year mark yet. She's had a scratch on her chin so I was waiting, but I'm afraid if I keep waiting, it will never happen. Plus, her little pigtails don't make it through the car ride so I have to take pictures of them to remind myself that at some point, they do exist. Anyway, we had lots of fun and she would try to crawl away if I sat her down and if I stood her up, she'd try to walk away. It definitely is a two person job to get a picture, but I think some of them really captured her sweet face and her energetic personality.


Speaking of goose...
1. Raw zuchinni. Don't ask.

2. Sunglasses and beads.

3. Corners & beads. She will go stand in the corner, use the wall to stand up, then very slowly turn around and look around for praise for "standing" all by herself. One morning Jason went to get her out of her bed and she was standing in the corner of her bed.
4. Pantry and beads.
5. Discovering she doesn't have to put the money in the piggy bank to make noise, she can just press the button inside of it.
6. Having TWO phones. She especially loves my work phone because of the case that allows for ease in opening and shutting over and over and OVER.
Notice a trend? Clara rediscovered her beads from the 4th of July parade and is in love. It is so funny to watch her try and put them on because often she'll simply lay them around her neck and not actually over her head. A few other funny things Clara does... she crawls into rooms and shuts the door behind her then cries because she can't get out. The other day she was playing with the TV remote and got static and it scared her so she started crying and crawling towards me in desperation. Oh, and I certainly can't get over how funny it is when she puts her head down to try and crawl faster. I think I got this on video, but I'm not positive. Whenever she gets a chance, she will lift up my shirt to tickle my stomach and side. She also tickles my feet and thinks it's hilarious. For the last three days, she's been so completely clingy and WHINEY and throwing fits over everything. I'm really hoping it's her second molar that I just noticed two nights ago (her first broke through about 8-10 days ago) because man she's fiesty!
Oh, this morning we celebrated Nylene's birthday at IHOP (our old Primary Presidency still gets together for each other's birthdays). They told me McCain is for same-sex marriage. I give up on all the candidates and that's all there is to it. We're moving to another country, anyone want to come? If everything I love about America is going downhill, why not at least enjoy some phenomenal history and breathtaking architecture?
2 comments:
Depending on how nice Switzerland is, we just might not come back when we go this summer, except to get our girls.
I can still take pics of Clara if you want, just let me know.
I LOVE mircrowave s'mores! one of my favorite treats also! But I have to have peanut butter on them also! So yummy!
I love Clara's yellow sweater. That is so cute!
Post a Comment