Last week I called my parent's house. My dad answered and we had the following conversation:
Dad: What's up chaquita?
Me: Nothing, what's up with you?
Dad: Get it, chaquita, like banana, Anna banana.
Me: Yup, I get it... (I then procede to sing the Chaquita banana song)
Dad: That's like me singing the Oscar Meyer weaner song... (he then proceded to sing BOTH versions of the song to me).
He then got my mom after saying a few sarcastic things.
Lately I've been thinking about how happy I am my dad is my dad. At the wedding we went to, the dad and daughter had taken dance lessons and danced a few different ways. My dad has four daughters that have been married and I don't think he's danced with one of them at their weddings and I highly doubt he'd take dancing lessons even if someone paid him. I was thinking about this at the wedding and that everyone has different talents when I remembered our conversation and I had to laugh. My dad might not be a dancer, but he can be pretty goofy which I've always liked. Instead of being into the fine arts, he's equipped with a very logical brain jam-packed with anything I want to know. His playfulness defintely makes up for not being the dancing type!
Sunday, January 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
My dad can beat your dad up. Oh wait.
I was just going to say the same thing...
Post a Comment