I have to vent... and then I'll be okay... Jason just called to tell me he got a 2% raise. Hmm, you read right, TWO percent. Oooooh, that makes my blood boil and my heart race (don't wonder why if I die of an ulcer or heart attack at a young age). A raise is good, but let me just explain why this is so upsetting.
Jason's worked there for a year with NO raise at all (they did raises six months after he went back and he assured me they'd give him a raise at the end of the year, but he didn't want to ask them about it until he got his results back from the EIT). Which brings up my next point, he passed the EIT and they give him lousy acknowledgement for it. So, for a year of dedicated service and passing the EIT this is what they have to offer? The market is a little slow, I understand, but I have a really good solution: fire the employees that are the slackers and getting paid more than Jason and let Jason work more than 30 hours a week since he ends up doing their work anyway! He's always cleaned up other people's work, helped people with their stuff and bent over backwards to submit someone else's project on time. I think in his last real review they only had two suggestions for him: delegate more and dress more like an EIT (meaning button up shirts). There are certain people that don't get their stuff done so Jason is always being asked to finish their projects because they failed in getting it done on time. On top of that, I am almost certain those jokers make more than Jason. He's quicker and better at what he does than them, I'm sure of it because if there is anything urgent, he's the one they go to. If there's anything important, he's the one they ask to do it.
Oh, and they didn't even bother telling him about it (probably because they knew they were being pathetic).
What a total slap in the face. It reminds me of when I quit Little Ceasar's and they told me if I stayed they'd give me a $0.25 raise. Wow, are you kidding? Don't be so generous!
Friday, January 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
sorry anna, I'll go egg his place of work if you want me to.
WOW that is so frustrating! Sounds like Jason needs to go somewhere where he can be appreciated and gets rewarded for his hard work! I thought I was frustrated with those guys and Trent's only been there for 6 months. That's nothing. I can't imagine what it'll be like if he stays for a year!
At least he has a job. And at least he got a raise.
Kathryn, I'm with you on the egging thing. And slashing tires!
Really though, don't all employers realize that REWARDING employees is what it's all about? Speaking of rewards, SeeSaw is now offering 5% commission to anybody who brings in a new client :)
Post a Comment