This morning Clara slept in until 830, so that was nice since I went to bed after 200. We went to some friend's house for steak and eggs so the guys could watch football. We left a little before Noon so I could feed Clara and because she missed her morning nap so she was a wee bit cranky. I really don't get the concept of steak and eggs for breakfast. I think some guy invented it and the only reason you eat it with eggs is so you can say it's a breakfast food.
I really have a good feeling about 2008. It is a new, fresh beginning and I feel like I get to start out with a clean slate. I love setting goals and love working to achieve them. This year I'd like to accomplish the following:
1. Memorize 52 scriptures (one a week)
2. Cook dinner every night
3. Clean the house every day
4. Never get mad at Jason
5. Never get upset or frustrated with Clara
6. Stick to my budget exactly
7. Say only nice things about others
8. Stop complaining
9. Do all my work on time and stop procrastinating
10. Don't think bad thoughts about anyone
As you can see, by the end of the year, I plan on being pretty much perfect! Ha ha, just kidding. I have yet to assemble my realistic goals (I don't think there is a single goal above that I could stick to completely) and once I do, I don't know that I will share them with all of you (although now it is quite obvious what my weaknesses are). My goals are always very specific, individual and of course, something I believe I can accomplish. Setting goals that are unattainable leaves me feeling depressed when I realize how far I was from accomplishing my goal.
Here's hoping to a wonderful and relaxing new year for everyone!

5 comments:
last nights party was seriously so much fun! we all need to get together more often.
Hey cool, my goal is to become perfect by the end of the year too. Funny that one of your goals is to cook dinner every day... one of mine is to cook dinner once a month. HAHA jk (sorta).
So you 'think' you like my paint job huh? Why don't you come over already?
p.s. I'm looking forward to having my own baby {Clara} for Friday night. She loves me.
Happy New Year!!!
i'd love to come visit you and bake some goodies! that would be so fun! it would be fun to get cache and clara together again too! we'll have to plan something!
The party sure was fun! I'll be sure to get myself invited again!
anna, i was going through and reading old letters and cards tonight. i came across a special letter from you dated 1-18-00. 8 years ago. doesn't seem that long really. another one from christmas 2000, you thanked me for "being such a jolly little friend." i hope i can always be your "jolly little friend". :)
Post a Comment