Friday, January 25, 2008

Friday Fives

In an attempt to get some order into my blog posts, I decided to do my Friday Fives... meaning five things I want to complain about from the week and five things that made me happy during the week.

Obviously, I've done enough complaining for the week (don't believe me? read my posts for the week!) so the only thing I will say about that is I know sometimes I sound like a negative pessimist, but just know I say what I'm thinking. I know everyone is thinking what I'm saying but people like to sugarcoat their lives. I say it how it is, frank and to the point. More than once people have told me as sarcastic as possible, "No, Anna, tell me how you really feel." I've always been this way and really, I do look for the bright side in things but I also tell you what I think. I'd like to think I'm a REALIST. Sometimes life isn't great so why should we pretend it is? You can still be happy when life isn't going your way though, and I think that is the trick to being a positive person. Being optimistic doesn't mean pretending life is perfect. It's understanding that when something goes wrong, it doesn't mean life is over but there is a brighter tomorrow to look forward to. Don't like it, go blog-stalk (I'm sure that word will be in a Webster's Dictionary VERY soon) someone else. :)

Anyway, this Friday, it will just be five things that made me happy.
1. Watching Goose eat big blackberries.

2. Receptions and seeing friends. Tonight was my friend Dallin's reception. Him and his new wife are totally cute, their reception was perfect (different varieties of soup were served, wonderful desserts and great colors) and I got to visit with Rhiannon and Lauren whom I haven't seen for quite some time (geez, probably like 8 or 9 years).

3. Cherries that stay hooked. Come on, it's cute.

4. The AWESOME sale Fry's is having this week.

5. The dishwasher. Clara played in the dishwasher for over thirty minutes while I did almost all my dishes.

3 comments:

Ryan said...

I don't really like all the negative stuff, so I have an idea for you. You can keep this blog with all the good things and start a new blog to keep all your complaints in. That way I don't have to hear you complain about everything. YAY!!!

Unknown said...

Those blackberries look really good! that would be lot better for me to eat right now than this cookie! Oh well! You are so organized with all of your lists!
p.s.I am glad you feel my pain with the scouting thing! I agree... I am sure it has some good for the boys, but it is just WAY over-done most of the time (at least in my ward)!

Jen & Blake said...

Oh I love reading your blog, complaints and all. I think that you are a realist and I agree with what your have to say a lot:) I can relate to having a child that perfers to not be touched, or talked to by their other parent...and I am sorry to hear about the lame "raise" if that's what you call it! Goodluck with that and I we'll look for you at church tomorrow:)