Sometimes as I would listen to Pres. Hinckley speak, especially those times he referenced the setting sun in his life, I wondered what it would be like when he passed away. Last night, Pres. Hinckley died as the 15th president of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Pres. Hinckley has been the Prophet for half of my life so he is basically all I know. He has done amazing things for the Church during his time as prophet which makes his death so bittersweet. It is a time to celebrate all the things he lead the Church in doing, which creates all the more reason to mourn the loss of such a great man. Part of me is sad that my children weren't older while he was the prophet but we've never had a bad prophet, so no worries there. Also, Angela did remind me of how happy him and his wife will be to be reunited and what could be more sweet to that? How blessed I feel to have been so greatly influenced by his teachings. My favorite things about him were his humor - he always had a joke to share
(him "knighting" President Eyring as the newest member in the First Presidency), his interaction with the media, and the expansion of the Temples he oversaw. His work was done here on earth and it was time for him to move on. What a great life we have to celebrate and honor!
(him "knighting" President Eyring as the newest member in the First Presidency), his interaction with the media, and the expansion of the Temples he oversaw. His work was done here on earth and it was time for him to move on. What a great life we have to celebrate and honor!

3 comments:
So stinkin sad!! I bet he was so excited to see his sweet wife again though!! He was an awesome prophet!! :o) May he rest in peace!
I don't think there is such a thing as a bad prophet :) We are sad when each one passes, but the next is just as good as the previous.
Lisa's words were "Sad...but imagine his welcome!" The thought just makes me smile.
Post a Comment