Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Flying By

I can't believe tomorrow is Thursday (I wrote this last night but am now just uploading the pictures). I feel like I'm missing out on life as it flies by when I'm busy... so busy I lose track of time and have a hard time remembering what went on in the days before. I've been up too late working and last night I figured, hmm, it's already past one in the morning, who cares if I stay up until two? I have LOTS going on at work because of the usual stuff, cleaning up people's messes and of course, all of the year-end fun has begun. Other than that, life has been low key.

On Sunday Clara had her last official ride in her old car seat. (A little grumpy now that we've switched to 12:30 church so she doesn't get an afternoon nap)...and certainly doesn't seem to be as excited as I for her new one. I'm working on fattening her up so she meets the weight requirement to face forward. If it doesn't happen soon, I'll cheat, especially if she's close. The seat fits, but it is SO tall I can't see her when I'm sitting in the front. We'll both enjoy having her turn around I'm sure.


On Monday I had my meeting for work at 1:00, which normally isn't a problem because Clara rarely sleeps past Noon. Well, as life seems to go, she just kept sleeping and sleeping. Even when I went into her room, she just kept sleeping. She's normally a very light sleeper, but I guess on Monday she really needed her nap. I took a picture and that woke her up. She opened her eyes, saw me and got really excited. Oh, my sweet baby.
Yesterday, Clara and I went to visit Angela for a little bit. Then last night I felt oh so domestic as I cut this lovely romaine from my garden for our dinner salad. It's the first thing we've eaten from it, though it's been ready for a while. I'm quite fascinated that I can walk into my backyard to get something to eat for dinner. Neato would be a great way to describe it.
Clara has a few new tricks. When I say smile, she loves to squint her eyes and smile her heart out, if only for a split second. She has decided there isn't a thing in our home more entertaining than the laundry basket of clothes. The first day she found it, she pulled about half of the clothes out, then climbed in. Now, everytime she sees it, she climbs in and just loves sitting and snuggling with the clothes. Sorry, I couldn't resist the sucession of pictures or all of the different expressions she gave while taking pictures. I'm pretty sure the last picture makes me laugh every time I look at it.
She will blow her nose most of the time we put kleenex by it. She signs please, more, eat and finished (sometimes better than others) and mimicks what Jason says ALL the time. My favorite so far is "tkcle, tckle" and yes, it sounds like she omits the 'i'. It cracks us up, but I don't think anyone but us have heard it so people think we are making it up. Just wait, you'll see. Clara loves to walk around, but only if she's holding onto something or pushing something. She's been standing for longer (a minute is long to me) lately but still seems so disinterested in walking.

Today I met Beka at her parent's house to play. Clara was very "soft" with the boys and was essentially petting their heads like a dog. One of them stole her toy and she was like moving her hands in very quick, small motions by his arm trying to get it back. I love watching kids interact. Scouts also resumed today and those boys make me laugh. I have to admit I'm kind of dreading this upcoming year because we are getting EIGHT new Scouts. I know, shame on me for having a bad attitude.

During dinner, Clara "lost" one of her green beans. See it anywhere? It stayed there forever, we laughed.
Oh, and just when I thought she'd eaten so well tonight, I took her tray off. Hmmm...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Clara is so cute! She looks like she is growing up! I love all of her cute facial expressions. So what kind of car seat did you get her? Do you like it? I need to go get a new one for Brynlie this week and can't figure out what kind. Hope all is going good!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the info. That is actually that seat I was looking at getting but I couldn't tell if it would be too big and bulky. I think they all are though. Thanks again for the info. Hope I can find one! :)

The Gotzingers said...

Oh my gosh!! She is too adorable!! :o)

JLynn said...

well, sometimes there's carrots, celery, lettuce, and broccoli all over the grass. But that's for the bunnies, if I really needed dinner though, I guess I could walk out there and get some of those veggies to eat. I'm not kidding, there's really veggies out there sometimes for all the bunnies that live here. i do think that's pretty neat you grow your own lettuce. you have your very own produce section. :) i love the pics of clara in the laundry basket. She's such a happy girl!

JLynn said...

ya, thanks anna. we've been doing water in the sippy cup for awhile now too. i'm going to get some other sippy cups for him too, so he can pick the one he likes best.

Maren said...

oh my gosh, i am laughing out loud at all these pictures. so cute and funny because brynlee does the same thing! love it.