I know it's annoying and it gets old when people say the same things over and over, but really, I have been so busy with work lately. Way too busy for my enjoyment, but I'm recognizing it as a blessing in disguise. First, the catch up... Friday night I had to frost cupcakes for the Pinewood Derby. Too bad I didn't take my camera because they were awesome. Okay, I don't know that I would've wanted to eat one (black frosting? umm...) but we attempted to make them look like tires and I think the boys loved them.
Saturday was a great day. We had a mini family reunion for my mom's family to celebrate her dad's 100th birthday (no, he's not alive still). I just love family. It is fun to get together and just look around and think how happy my grandma and grandpa are as they look at their posterity. I have such a cool extended family and love visiting with those I don't get to see that often. Our family picture... can't imagine why Clara refused to look at the camera. It's like she was looking at someone behind us.
Clara's new smile...Later that night, we took Clara to my mom's so we could go out to eat to celebrate our anniversary. We went to Macaroni Grill and there was an hour wait so we decided to go somewhere else. As we were leaving, we saw Jen and Blake and I laughed because they have the same anniversary as us. What are the chances: we decided to eat at the same time, same place and on the same day, even though it wasn't the actual anniversary date, to celebrate. Unlike us, they were smart and called ahead so their wait was much shorter and they offered to have us eat with them. We had a good time visiting with them over dinner and as if the coincidences couldn't get more plentiful, we realized we enjoyed our meals compliments of gifts from sisters. Ha! We're glad they let us intrude on their romantic evening!
That night, I was up until 500am working. I know, bad me for working on Sunday, but I didn't have much of a choice. I woke up at 730am to feed Clara. Then, without me asking, Jason took Clara so I could go back to sleep. He fed her more food, played with her and a few minutes after I got up to work on the bulletin, he went and put her to sleep. I was so grateful for that extra hour and a half of sleep!
Sunday night Brenden and Nikki had us over for dinner. We'd never been to their apartment and I don't even know when the last time we hung out was. We had a good time and they didn't seem to mind Clara terrorizing their apartment. Can you blame her? It was all new stuff to get into. Mmmm and the food was good too. The only problem was every time I'm around Nikki I feel guilty for not being as good of a person as her. She's about as genuine as they come! I was up late again working (I know, shame on me twice, but with everything I had going on and with Clara during the day, I didn't have a choice).
All weekend I was mentally preparing myself for Monday because Jason went back to school. I only have to endure it for 5 1/2 months... and figured it wouldn't be so bad. Well, he went back to school yesterday and I'm already sick of it. It only took one day for me to remember how much I am looking forward to him being done. Last semester was bad, but this one might be worse, as far as how much Jason is gone. I'm thinking of starting a club for all wives of school husbands for moral support. :)

3 comments:
I'll join. Clint has school Monday, Tuesday & Thursday nights :( I have an idea.. Will you teach me how to sew??
See you soon!
Anna you are so funny! That is so sweet of you to say, but really, you are such a good person too! I loved watching you with Clara on Sunday and I thought "Man I sure hope I can be a good mom like Anna." We loved having you three over. Clara can come terrorize our apartment anytime. In fact, the next morning I was telling the girls at work how cute her little hands were when she would tap them on our TV screen. We had fun! :)
Thanks for the great company:) I mean what were the chances of us ending up here for the same celebration? We enjoyed ourselves and had a great time catching up! So glad that you brought your camera, I will be "borrowing" the pic.
Post a Comment